Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 13:01:50 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
If you're an audiophile you gotta relate to this! (Read 3047 times)
Rizlaw
Seasoned Member

If you're an audiophile you gotta relate to this!
10/23/14 at 03:18:35

20 minute YouTube Ken Barnes video on "Greek Audiophile". This video made me smile, alot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xs1aUws0Lrs

I think Steve will appreciate the video, too.

Schiit Yggdrasil/ZBIT / Zen Switch Box / CSP3 / Taboo III UFO/ Omega SAMs
  IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Re: If you're an audiophile you gotta relate to this!
Reply #1 - 10/23/14 at 12:17:37

Good vid. I remember around 30 yrs ago I was 50ft up a treble ladder painting the window frames of a block of flats and through the open window I saw a pair of Tannoy Westminsters. They are enormous. I forget how the conversation went with the tennant but he wasn`t selling them and I think he talked about how he got them in there and how powerful they were. They sure took up a lot of room, but the tennant had a wistful grin.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Re: If you're an audiophile you gotta relate to this!
Reply #2 - 10/23/14 at 17:01:13

Fun to see. 20k is my limit for the Listening Room. Moving into 40, 50, 60 to 120k....is a bit to ostentatious...even if I had it. However, Powerball money?.........why not. My favorite Charities by day....and my 100k System at night!   Cool  :o

On a different/but related note-an fun: Martin Logan is making the rounds with their new CLX Art Speakers. The October Tour was Burbank 10/4, Houston 10/11, Columbia MD 10/18 an here in my City Oakdale MN 10/25 12 to 4pm (Best Buy/Magnolia-gig). They will be run with big Mac Mono's. I need to hear um'. Seeing whom an how they are set up, should be a treat..... .

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3