Send Topic Print
Took the plunge… (Read 3398 times)
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Took the plunge…
09/29/14 at 00:34:11

Just submitted my order the my ZP3 and SE34I.4 (both with the Jupiter caps). Sold off my ARC pre and Krell Dac and have another amp and pre to sell but looking forward to getting some new gear. I love my SE83CS and it's re-breaking in as expected, but with 90 db speakers I need a few more watts. And I am REALLY excited about the phono stage. I picked up a ZMC-1 a year or so ago from a forum member and it has made a huge difference with the ARC, but I have been having Zen lust for years and looking forward to these. I will be pestering the forum for some advice regarding a few details to be resolved, but that's another post….Thanks all,Chris.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Took the plunge…
Reply #1 - 09/29/14 at 01:03:38

Awesome HD man (What ya riding?) I think you'll love both. . . I wouldn't trade my ZP3 for anything, it's one of the best things Steve has ever built. And the Integrated. . . it's going to give you that extra bit of grunt and have great sound too. Now comes the hardest part. . . waiting.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Reply #2 - 09/29/14 at 03:58:32

Yes Lon, very excited about the phono and the amp. I have a '89 FLSTC that is one it's way this winter for a complete rebuild. The motor is on its second rebuild (the same mechanic since it rolled out of the showroom) and the bike has approx. 132,000 miles on it and the motor has 72,000. The mechanic is the HD equal of Steve the Zen audio master. It's going to be a fun year!

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 09/29/14 at 04:04:34

Wow, an '89. Great you've had that so long and put so many miles on it! I have an '08 FXDF with 41,000 on it, love this bike and hope to keep it another dozen years, probably rebuild it too. But I miss carbed bikes!
Hunker down and wait as patiently as you can for the new components!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print