03/29/24 at 07:47:03 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Torrii MKIII wow! (Read 49878 times)
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Re: Torrii MKIII wow!
Reply #50 - 10/20/14 at 23:35:29

" Interesting that this worked with some light stuffing, and the horn is still pretty active???"

Yeah, it didn't lower the volume of the bass, still powerful and all.  Just trimmed off some of the fat so to speak.

Torii MkIII with Jupiter caps, ZP3 with Jupiter caps, DM947 Monoliths, Oppo 105, Pro-ject Rm-5.1 Se TT. Hana SH Shibata MC Cartridge 2.0mV
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #51 - 10/21/14 at 00:18:36

Great! Maybe you can get where you are not limited with Rectifiers...

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Reply #52 - 10/21/14 at 00:44:05

That would definitely be one of the goals.  I'll have to make to trip to Home Depot in the next few days and see what they have that may be worth experimenting with.  Hopefully one of the employees there can point me to the audiophile department.   Tongue

Torii MkIII with Jupiter caps, ZP3 with Jupiter caps, DM947 Monoliths, Oppo 105, Pro-ject Rm-5.1 Se TT. Hana SH Shibata MC Cartridge 2.0mV
  IP Logged
Douger
Verified Member

Reply #53 - 02/03/21 at 16:54:54

I have loved and respected my Torii MKIII since 2012! However, some years ago I was worried about ongoing availability and pricing of tubes,
so I bought an Odyssey Stratos sand amp. Though biased as tube-like
as possible, it was very coarse until break-in, couldn't stand it for more than an hour at a time. What could have been done in 1 or 2 months took 6...
I used the Stratos for a couple of years until last October when a speaker cable spade came loose and resulted in loud short or worse...
Thank God for my Torii!! 2 new 6922 tubes and 12 gauge speaker cable with locking banana plugs and it sounds great!! The Torii tubes might have handled the short better...
My youngest daughter lives with me and is working from home now
so I listen with headphones most of the time until her office opens back up.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #54 - 02/04/21 at 05:30:38

Hey Douger. Glad you got back to your MKIII. I guess you noticed there are still lots of pretty inexpensive tubes. The real popular ones probably look a little more daunting, but there are great tubes for much less...and how else can we get this beauty!

Good Luck!

Will

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Douger
Verified Member

Reply #55 - 02/06/21 at 17:01:24

Thanks, Will... You're right as usual, and I am loving my music!!

Doug

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print