Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 19:24:16 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware Amps + Nordost Cables (Read 4691 times)
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Decware Amps + Nordost Cables
03/07/14 at 03:13:17

Does anyone have experience with Decware amps and Nordost cables? Nordost cables are known for transparency and speed and I wonder if they would work well with the transparent Decware amps (e.g. ZMA, Torii mk4, SuperZen).  Cheers!  

IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Re: Decware Amps + Nordost Cables
Reply #1 - 03/07/14 at 12:23:01

Dave,

I had a pair of blue heaven interconnects between my ZP3 and Torii III for a while.  Thought they sounded good but not great.  Transparent and fast yes just seemed tight and somewhat compressed.  Replaced with Grover Huffman's.  

JD

IP Logged
Dave1210
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/09/14 at 01:14:00

Hi JD.  Thanks for your perspective on the Nordost Blue Heavens.  

What do you think of the Grovers?  I am in need of a good XLR interconnect to try with the balanced inputs on my ZMA.

Cheers!  -David

IP Logged
4krow
Seasoned Member

IMAGINE WHIRLLED
PEAS

Reply #3 - 03/25/14 at 18:36:05

I am going to second the positive response about Nordost. I have Blue Heaven and also Solar wind. I got them a long time ago, and as far as I am concerned, they will never leave my system. Beautiful sound, and no harshness what so ever.

Decware 34I.3 integrated amp/Forte' 3 bass amp/Velodyne SMS-1 bass mngmnt system/Decware ZOB speakers/Audio Nirvana 8" bass drivers/Xiang Seng DAC/ LR Audio Computer/Rega Apollo R CDP/Emotiva ERC3 CDP/BPT 3.0 power cond.
  IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 03/25/14 at 19:20:33

Sorry Dave never saw your question.  I love the Grover Huffman cable, using in between my ZP3 and my Torii III.

JD

IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #5 - 04/01/14 at 03:32:39

Dave1210,
I have Nordost blue heavens and red dawns both - next to last versions. Don't know what speakers you're using, sources, room acoustics, personal preferences, etc. but I can tell you relative differences between the two.  The red dawns are a little smoother and more refined sounding overall than the blue heavens.  If your rig is a little toward the forward, leaner or already lively "enough", go for the red dawn for a smoothing touch.  If your system is slightly on the warm or laid back side, and you wish to add a touch of "life", go with the blue heavens.  

Or, I would suggest an alternative for you to try, that has been my reference for the past 6+ years - Goertz alpha-core - detail, resolution and air without fatigue or forwardness.  I use the silver foils for IC's, except for a long pair of copper ones for a sub.  I have both copper and silver versions of their speaker cables, but find the copper to be more to my liking in "most", though not all, combinations of components.  Not to mention the copper is much less expensive.  In fact since silver has gotten so $$$, Goertz does not offer the silver speaker cables at this time.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print