Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/19/24 at 21:57:18 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Source leakage anyone? (Read 6673 times)
UpTo11
Verified Member

Source leakage anyone?
02/10/14 at 21:54:36

Has anyone noticed audio from Input A leaking into Input B (or vise versa)?  I am getting discernible audio when the source selector is switched to Input A while the turntable is connected to Input B (and vice versa).

Torii IV, ZP3, Well Tempered Amadeus GTA, Tekton Lore
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Source leakage anyone?
Reply #1 - 02/10/14 at 21:58:41

Yes, that goes on in my Mk IIIs as well, just a little bleed through the switch, doesn't bother me.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 02/11/14 at 02:18:38

Mine too. I just turn turn off the source I am not using.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
UpTo11
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 02/13/14 at 15:19:29

I think it's parasitic capacitance that is causing the coupling/crosstalk. It does not occur if I short the unselected input or connect the unselected input to another source, but only occurs when there is nothing connected to the unselected input.

I guess I'll just have to change my "analog only" system by adding (ie. purchasing) a DAC for the other input.   Smiley

Torii IV, ZP3, Well Tempered Amadeus GTA, Tekton Lore
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 02/13/14 at 15:39:51

UpTo

Though I have not tested this recently, I recall that if I left the DAC playing and switch to the Oppo for a movie, in quiet areas of the movie, I could hear the DAC music very quietly along with the Oppo. This is why I make sure the player I am not using is not playing.

Entering DAC land eh?

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print