Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/06/24 at 23:26:56 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zen Torii mk III problem??? (Read 3508 times)
Pit Sober
Verified Member

Moon260D+DAC/ZenTori

III/HR-1/CSP2+/Beyer
dynamicT1

Zen Torii mk III problem???
09/30/13 at 17:57:32

Hello Everybody, I'm happy owner of Zen Torii mk III for the last 2 years. Unfortunately form some time I can here cracking in my right channel when I'm trying to volume up. It is not really annoying, but... so Please help me?
Oh and second question: what are you guys using to clean your tubes sockets? Thx Peter

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Zen Torii mk III problem???
Reply #1 - 09/30/13 at 18:01:14

You know, chances are. . .it's an input tube. Just what my experience of years of tube amp usage makes me think first. . . . Do you have any other input tubes you could put in and compare?

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 09/30/13 at 18:21:49

If it is only while you are turning the volume knob it could well be the contact in the volume control is dirty. If you find this to be the issue, might best call Steve since this would be a warranty thing whether you send it in or fix it yourself. I have successfully cleaned the internal volume contacts with Deoxit cleaning fluid or spray, but you have to know what you are getting into...drain the stored cap energy from the amp. Otherwise...could be very, very dangerous! I use Deoxit for my tube sockets too.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/ZR2/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845>Omega SAHOs/AudioSmile Tweeters,SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs and DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker>SR and aluminum w ball bearing + feet
  IP Logged
Lord Soth
Seasoned Member

I'm an American
BadAss!

Reply #3 - 10/01/13 at 17:19:33

Have you tried, with the amp turned off, turning the volume knob a couple of times left and right?

This is a common problem with internal oxidation of the volume knob contacts.
Happens to all types of audio equipment.

If the problem doesn't go away, then you have a more serious problem.
Could be due to the tubes going bad too.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print