Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/06/24 at 20:10:22 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
FryKleaner Cable burner-anyone else use this? (Read 5803 times)
tgarden
Seasoned Member

FryKleaner Cable burner-anyone else use this?
09/29/13 at 18:47:36

Hey everybody!  I've owned a FryKleaner audio burn-in generator for several years now.  It's designed for burning in interconnects, and I've used it on the Grover Huffman interconnects in my two Decware based systems.  Grover upgrades his cables every year or two, and I always trade-in my old ones for the latest version, so my FryKleaner does get some use.

Does anyone else out there, have/use one of these?  Mine is the older 120 volt model.

Or have you had any experience with any other type of cable cooker??

Mike in Seattle area

IP Logged
proud_indian
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Re: FryKleaner Cable burner-anyone else use this?
Reply #1 - 09/30/13 at 04:57:41

I have the frybaby. I do find that it works on interconnects, but on SC and PC, you may want to do the regular burn in well. I think it is the gauge etc, that has an effect.

I also found that you need more than the 48 to 72 hours to get it done. I think 5 days is more like it and finally, even after burn in, it needs to rest and settle in. Another 24 hours in the system makes it sound good.

shreekant Smiley

Oppo, hdd,84c, pm6a, cd200, foreplay lll, zbox, bottlehead sex amp, zob, various stuff that make up two systems
WWW   IP Logged
Lord Soth
Seasoned Member

I'm an American
BadAss!

Reply #2 - 09/30/13 at 06:00:22

I also own the Hagerman Frybaby.

It works on speaker cables too!

What you require is 2 adapters for each L/R channel.
1 RCA to BNC adapter ( readily available)
1 BNC to 4 post binding speaker adapter ( branded Pomona )
http://www.newark.com/pomona/1296/adapter-bnc-plug-binding-post/dp/34F870

IP Logged
Lonely Raven
Seasoned Member

Jack of all Trades,
Master of None

Reply #3 - 09/30/13 at 15:13:40

That seems like a neat device. Wouldn't a laptop (tone generator) and power amp with a resistive load do approximately the same thing?

I used to break in my guitar cabinet speakers this way, I build a double insulated (box within a box) that the driver would live in, and I beat the snot out of it by either playing music (Hendrix for Mojo) or sweeps through an appropriately powerful power amp for several days to two weeks to get that well broken in speaker sound. Some companies charge for this as an upgrade to guitar speakers now.

WWW Lonely Raven   IP Logged
tgarden
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 09/30/13 at 16:32:26

Lord Soth,  Thanks for the info on how to burn-in speaker cables!  I am going to pick up the adapters you mentioned, and burn mine in.

Proud Indian, as per Hagerman's advice, I have been burning in my Copper/Silver/Aluminum interconnects for 72 hours,  and have figured on a day or so, of in system time, before they fully "bloom".

Recently I decided to reburn some cables that had been initially cooked, about one year ago.  I put them on the Frykleaner for 48 hours, and was surprised to find that they sound quite a bit better.  So, I'm going to go with your five day burn in advice, from now on.

Thanks guys!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print