Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/06/24 at 17:22:18 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Transparent Audio - Naked & Exposed (Read 5828 times)
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Transparent Audio - Naked & Exposed
09/27/13 at 00:12:03

I was just wondering what was so special with that little network box that Transparent Cables is so famous for (and that makes them cost so damn much $$$).

I came accross a site where curiousity got the best of this guy and ... well, check out the link to see what he found. Shocked

click here

There is a similar site in Swedish, but the pictures speak for themselves ... unfortuntately their findings were similar.

click here

Maybe there's some magic fairy dust we can't see in the pics? Angry

IP Logged
kana813
Seasoned Member

Re: Transparent Audio - Naked & Exposed
Reply #1 - 09/27/13 at 00:59:32

Old news.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 09/27/13 at 01:49:34

Not to me ... I'm fairly new to 2 channel audio and speaker cable designs.  I was not expecting that there was a gallon (or two) of snake oil in their little black box. Huh

Anyways, I'm surprised after seeing this people would still pay the outrageous prices for their cables, but maybe it didn't make a big enough splash considering it was a small sort of unknown website ... perhaps if it was posted on Stereophile ... (nevermind, like that would ever happen Wink)

IP Logged
kana813
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 09/27/13 at 02:32:45

If you're interested in seeing how people react, try posting it on these websites where people have spend big money on Transparent & MIT cables:

www.whatsbestforum.com

www.audioaficionado.org/

BTW, I have a loaner set of $6.5K MIT speaker cables, and I prefer the sound of these:

http://store.jaguaraudiodesign.com/nanotec-systems-sr-sp-speaer-cable-kit/

IP Logged
SteveC
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 09/27/13 at 03:04:42

That's funny.  a very pricey inductor.   I didn't realize the depth of deception either. wow.

Looking at that picture...  forget the wires... I'd take my $9800 and go say hi to the girl in the lower left.   Smiley

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #5 - 09/27/13 at 03:05:10

Ah, cables !
Until fairly recently, a friend owned a local "bricks & mortar" audio store, with some of the usual suspect re: expensive cables.
After many after hours listening sessions, we concluded the point of diminishing returns sets in rather quickly in cable-land, elsewhere too, for that matter.
I guess how the money is earned to buy those big buck offerings factors in here, To some, it would be small change, others would have a much bigger sacrifice to make.
As always, YMMV !
Don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print