Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 15:39:26 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mullard EL34 reissues.  Cryo'd matched quad (Read 7562 times)
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Mullard EL34 reissues.  Cryo'd matched quad
08/16/13 at 15:27:42

I ordered these in June of this year from Cryoset.  Nothing wrong w/ them, I just want to sell them so I can apply the money to a different brand.  I'm new to tubes so want to experiment w/ a variety of EL34's.

I've been swapping them out w/ the tung-sols that came w/ my MKlll so they don't have a lot of hours on them.  Maybe 200-400hrs.  Nice and broken in.

I paid $108 shipped,  would sell them for $90 shipped.  Paypal
I'll pack them w/ plenty of bubble wrap and packing peanuts so they survive the journey.  They will ship from Minneapolis Mn.

Thanks,

Greg

Torii MkIII with Jupiter caps, ZP3 with Jupiter caps, DM947 Monoliths, Oppo 105, Pro-ject Rm-5.1 Se TT. Hana SH Shibata MC Cartridge 2.0mV
  IP Logged
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Re: Mullard EL34 reissues.  Cryo'd matched quad
Reply #1 - 08/17/13 at 23:24:47

How about $85 shipped anywhere in the lower 48 states.

Torii MkIII with Jupiter caps, ZP3 with Jupiter caps, DM947 Monoliths, Oppo 105, Pro-ject Rm-5.1 Se TT. Hana SH Shibata MC Cartridge 2.0mV
  IP Logged
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 08/20/13 at 02:19:04

$80 shipped to conus,  this will be the last price drop.

Thanks for looking,

Greg

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #3 - 08/20/13 at 03:32:32

Good Luck with your sale.
These tubes make very sweet music in my SE34I

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 08/20/13 at 09:05:31

Thanks Doorman.  I bet they sound nice with your Rachael,  as they do also with my mklll.

Greg

IP Logged
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 08/26/13 at 11:12:48

Sold!

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 09/10/13 at 15:26:51

Thanks Greg. I appreciate how easy this was and finally getting a set of these Mullards to try. I have been tempted by them for a long while.

I am really enjoying them! I think they needed more play time than you had on them. They could very well be one of the power tubes that need a couple hundred hours or more to really show what they are.

Thanks,

Will

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Greg12
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 09/11/13 at 12:27:26

You're welcome Will.  I'm glad they made it safe and that you like them so much.  

Greg

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #8 - 09/11/13 at 15:25:18

My experience with these tubes is there's been a very  consistent sound, with no change I can detect, from new.
As always, the usual disclaimer(s) apply.
Don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 09/11/13 at 18:01:33

Doorman said: Quote:
My experience with these tubes is there's been a very  consistent sound, with no change I can detect, from new.

Wow, that is interesting. These Mullard reissues I have are Cryo'd and when listening for weeks or months without keeping track it was a little tricky for Greg to know exactly the hours (we arrived at a minimum of 150 hours). But these tubes have changed notably since I got them.  

Maybe it is the Torii circuit, or that in combination with the HR-1s, but the bass/low mids have clarified and the upper mids and highs have smoothed. There was more disparity between mid/bass and mids, with too dense a bass/mid bass for my tastes, and a particularly (and not unpleasant) textural thing happening in the upper mids. As they clarify and smoothed out, I really like the balance between the tube's sweetish highs, its warm, open mids, and deep (now clarified enough) bass. I might have called them interesting before, but not balanced as I perceive them to be for the most part now.

I did play them in the Rachel I am auditioning, and they were particularly beautiful in it by my ears too. A different sound that was particularly friendly and musical. I would say sweet and musical with no down side.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print