Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 14:30:55 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
HWK 15 using Image Dynamics IDQ15's? (Read 5074 times)
Noah
Verified Member

HWK 15 using Image Dynamics IDQ15's?
07/24/13 at 22:43:06

Hey guys, I'm new to home speaker building(all grown up from car audio) and am looking to build my first home wrecker using my 2 Image Dynamics 15" IDQ's.  These are "My Precious-es" and feel that they might make a good fit.  Any suggestions for me or info when using this for Home theater use, I'm looking for something to play low and feel it.  I appreciate the help.  I have other subs laying around that I'm considering for projects.

Image Dynamics IDQ15 D4 v2
Fs = 21.5
Qes = .309
Qms = 6.1
Qts = .280
Vas = 258 liters
Xmax = 13.5mm (linear excursion)
Xlim = 25mm
Sd = 840cm^2
Spl = 94.7 dB

IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Re: HWK 15 using Image Dynamics IDQ15's?
Reply #1 - 08/02/13 at 07:46:12

Well, I have only built 3 Housewreckers, 8" 12" and 15"  but I can tell you that the 8" was a disappointment to me. (small driver = small sound)

The 12" I built for a "friend"  and he only had some old Kickers to use. Honestly, I was surprised at how good it sounded. Nothing really deep, but fairly clean.

When I put together the 15" I was expecting more deep bass. Still not really made to go much below music notes, mid 30's is going to be about it.
I used 2 different 15"s;  one with an Fs 32Hz and two (iso loaded/ face to face) with Fs of 16Hz. I am pleased with the results for use near my pool outside.

I see your drivers have a low-ish Fs, so give it a shot and report back with YOUR results.

Please do not make the mistake I made - I just wanted to hurry up and finish so I could hear them.  Please take lots of pics and post them!!
Wink

IP Logged
Noah
Verified Member

Re: HWK 15 using Image Dynamics IDQ15's?
Reply #2 - 08/02/13 at 18:24:09

Will def have to try it out, have to finish my car install but after that will start the build.  I'll post pics as soon as I can.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print