Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/05/24 at 11:50:44 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Do you ever get tired of listening to music? (Read 8409 times)
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Do you ever get tired of listening to music?
06/01/13 at 02:44:04

I made a epic 850+ mile drive today, 14 hours worth. After about 12 hours and around 250 songs into the drive my wife asked me if I ever got tired to listening to music. I turned off the music and thought about it, and I decided that I hardly ever get tired of music. Am I strange? How much do you listen?

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
hdrider
Seasoned Member

On the path with
Decware.

Re: Do you ever get tired of listening to music?
Reply #1 - 06/01/13 at 03:43:27

No, your not strange. But to me there is a huge difference in listening and LISTENING to music. IMHO.

CSP3, Rachael, ZP3, ZMC 1, Sony ES Bluray, Schitt Bitfrost DAC,Sota Star TT w/ FR-64, Hana SL Low Output Moving coil, Omega 7XRS Mk 2 walnut, DeepOmega 8 sub, Morrow Audio PH3 and MA3 IC's, Gamma Electrostatic phones.
  IP Logged
Donnie
Seasoned Member

Why does it hurt
when I pee?

Reply #2 - 06/01/13 at 04:12:55

In my Jeep it is lower case listening, for sure!

Owner of the infamous RED TORII and Dan the Redheaded Amp
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #3 - 06/06/13 at 15:57:07

You're not strange.

I can go from Listening to Coleman Hawkins in the Listening Room to James Taylor on Vinyl (Dad Loves his Work, playing right now) in my behemoth Rig to Drew Davidsen on Guitar.

http://www.drewdavidsen.com/

I always have Music playing and I Involuntary Hum/Scat sometimes in my Truck and my daughter catches me....my kids have the passion for it too.... . -S

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #4 - 06/06/13 at 18:09:15

I don't really get tired of listening to music.

Right now most of my time is spent at my parents' taking care of them, and I don't get to listen to nearly enough music any longer. I appreciate the listening that I do do so much now! Less and less am I thinking of audiophile details and just tripping out on the music.

I find that the only time that music really doesn't connect with me is in deeply emotional times. Very lonely, or very sad or very frustrated. The music can be there, but it just no longer is a salve or balm in the way that it used to be. Some very dark things have been in my life the last six years or so. . . loss of my wife, loss of a good friend, leaving my home city of 32 years and my house of 17 years, being away from my wonderful gal, and when these are weighing heaviest on me music is jut noise. When I was younger this was not so, but neither were these darker emotions so dark and dense.

Play on music! Right now listening to Bobby Hutcherson on Blue Note and loving it. The Torii with its new Jupiter caps sounds great, and a new pair of VooDoo Cable "Evolution" ICs is breaking in nicely.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
DG
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 06/06/13 at 20:03:01

If I get tired of listening I stop and turn off the music. Thats the simple answer.  I am in outside sales and do a lot of driving in a nice car with a nice stereo.  I use two ipods filled with uncompressed (AIFF) files and juggle this with satellite radio. Music seems to help pass the time while driving.  I sing along too.  Other drivers must think I'm nuts.  When not travelling I spend 2-3 hours a night in my listening room if I have nothing else I need to do.  Very relaxing right before bed. I love sports too.  I think balance is the key to life.

IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #6 - 06/06/13 at 22:03:00

I have driven almost cross country on several occasions....and do go for spirited runs with my car club..  Music is always on....though its hard at times when the engine is roaring and the exhaust note is loud.

It's on as background music throughout the day, as well as at night when I go to sleep.  Not having music on would feel weird.  I played the guitar since I was a kid, so music is a part of me...any and all kinds.

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Mark
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 06/07/13 at 15:11:29

Listening to Decware stuff is like an addiction... And I guess, like any drug, you can build up a tolerance to it if you listen too much... This is beyond the normal [daily] listening fatigue...

I know this happened to me...  I was searching for better tubes, trying different interconnects, etc. Nothing helped except a hiatus from listening...  One week didn't do it... About 2 weeks was just about right...

Then I came back to it, and, behold, it all snapped back into place...

Oddly enough, this is the same thing that happens to my piano playing... It gets dull when you play too much... And sure enough, after a certain period away from the thing, the pleasure came back...

I'm also finding a certain plus in going back to the stock tubes for some reason... They seem more forward sounding... And maybe that's what my mind was reaching for, I don't know... (m.)

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 06/07/13 at 16:58:01

I find the same with guitar. Come back fresh after a week or so and start off experimenting with a different key, and the stuff you`d been playing before can just get more fluid easier.
The decware amps have really got me back into the joys of listening.
I get in 2-4 hrs a day and it`s now a pleasure as opposed to having `something to do`. I even plan what albums I might listen to during the day. Last night I was listening to `Skin it back` Little Feat from `Feats don't fail me now` and it blew me away. The amps are getting freaky....or this is what I`ve been missing all those years.  :)

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Damien
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 07/03/13 at 20:40:55

I listen at all times I am not at work. I even go to sleep listening..

Taboo, CSP2+, ZOB's, FRX2's
WWW k919596   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print