Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/05/24 at 17:13:15 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware as part of retirement planning (Read 5486 times)
jkiddmd
Verified Member

"Life is too
important to be
taken
seriously."

Decware as part of retirement planning
05/30/13 at 00:56:00

So my new Zen Torii is on its way.  It is going to set me back a pretty penny but I think of it like this:  In my more mature and senior years what am I going to want to do?  I am going to wish for a nice walk, a warm sweater, a hot cup of soup and a great listening experience.  How much did you put away for retirement this year.  Well a healthy chunk of that should have been spent on an extraordinary amplifier with a lifetime warranty.  My Zen is in the mail and I don't regret a penny spent on this fabulous piece of equipment.  So when you are making decade long decisions about stocks, bonds, and mutual funds, consider Decware.  It is the one investment I am sure I will never regret.
John

IP Logged
KMokc
Seasoned Member

Re: Decware as part of retirement planning
Reply #1 - 05/30/13 at 03:02:00

Here Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :) Cheesy Wink Cool

Sys 1:Rachel,Blumenstein Deluxe Orcas,Teac UD-501,Regen,MacBook Pro,Silnote RCA's,Rega RP6 GT Sub-plater,CW,Dynavector 20X2H,Nova II Sys2:Torii JR,CSP3&ZP3,Omega Super Alnico Monitors w/Skylan stands,Teac UD-501,Regen,Mac Mini,VPI Prime TT w/Ortofon Black,GH Cable
  IP Logged
ski bum
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 05/30/13 at 15:55:59

I know I wold choose a full annual IRA contribution and a Decware amp over, say, for the sake of equivalent dollars, a Cary amp and no savings.  And besides, long term financial goals and planning is one thing, but music is one of the basic necessities of daily living, like oxygen, food, and sex.  You don't regret breathing or screwing, do you?  Don't regret the music, either.

IP Logged
JAG
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 05/30/13 at 15:56:34

I propose that those of us who are chronologically superior plan to get together at this year's Zen Fest to tell lies, compare notes and raise a toast to Steve and the gang for helping keep us young!

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #4 - 05/30/13 at 23:10:59

"Chronologically superior"! Good one!
I'm certainly in that camp, as is my SE34I !!
Don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
stone_of_tone
Seasoned Member

Listen Often/Listen
Deep

Reply #5 - 06/06/13 at 20:20:24

No doubt skibum, I won't be lying on my death bed saying: "I wish I did less screwing, man, what was I thinking"?! I got divorced three years ago....so it has been fun (and safe).

I should get the new Taboo MK III now...so when my hearing starts to fail....this Amp with the best headphones money can buy...will be the ticket!  -stone

Room Treats-M.Green & mine
Sony TPort
Illuminati D60
Shunyata Z-Alpha DigPcord
Decware ZDSD DAC
Kimber Select KS1030
XLOProPcord
Decware ZMA/25th Mods
Kimber Select KS6063
Acoustic Zen Adagio/Modified
Kimber PK10 Palladian from wall
to PS Audio P3
  IP Logged
Longbowbbs

Life is a journey,
not a guided tour.

Reply #6 - 06/09/13 at 20:58:27

With the addition of the DM945's joining the CSP2+ and Taboo MKIII I now have the complete Decware system. It is sweeeeeeet! I added a DefTech Supercube 3 and I have a terrific Sat/Sub system. Bring on the free time!   Cheesy

Upgradeus Interruptus
MacMini,W4S DAC-2 DSDse,Denon DVD-5900, Decware CSP2+, Taboo MK III, Sennheiser HD800's, DM945's, DefTech Supercube 3
http://www.head-fi.org/t/654644/a-visit-to-decware
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print