Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 13:56:17 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware studio cables and MAC Quad+ sound pipes (Read 7641 times)
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Decware studio cables and MAC Quad+ sound pipes
05/03/13 at 16:51:00

I just ordered a new ZStage (with optional Jupiter Caps).  This will be my first piece of Decware gear.....so needless to say I am psyched!!

I know that a decent set of interconnects are a must, so I will be ordering a pair of the Decware's studio cables.  For kicks I decided to also buy a pair of the MAC Quad+ sound pipes to try out (Audiogon price of $110 with shipping).

The MAC's are pure silver whereas the Decware's are a solid copper

Without starting a war or heavy debate, I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the two cables, and can give me their input.  The price difference is comparable, so I am just trying to see if I should invest in one over the other.

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: Decware studio cables and MAC Quad+ sound pipes
Reply #1 - 05/03/13 at 18:39:59

Great news that you made your decision on the Zstage. I hope it is really good for you.

I have not tried either of these, but have used Decware silver refs and MAC ultra silver, those two having similar characters but slightly different balance....both really nice cables. Both companies make good stuff, so I guess you can't go too wrong on these cable choices and in fact could be quite happy! Great buy on the MACs. I look forward to your impressions. I wonder how they will act in succession with the Zstage. Hard to say which might be better, but I would be interested to try the MACs between DAC and Zstage for maximum resolution, and the (likely warmer) Studios between Zstage to amp.

It may be clear right off with what you have, but once your new and highly resolving system starts developing, you will hear the differences, and cable rolling is a real tool on the synergy quest.

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #2 - 05/03/13 at 19:18:05

Thanks Will !!  Also...when talking to Steve yeseterday, he told me that the new switchbox they were working on, should be posted up on the site within the next week or so.  Steve felt that I would be better off buying that, as opposed to adding a second set of inputs on the ZStage.  The cost difference should be nominal by comparison.  

Since both cables need to be broken in, I will have to wait until that is done first.  After that I will be able to move the cables around to see what the best place for them to be installed....either as inputs or outputs on the ZStage.  

Needless to say...I am looking forward to seeing how the sound changes as the cables burn in, as well as the Jupiter caps.  

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 05/03/13 at 20:06:32

I think you will probably find it all good with the new stuff, then it just refines and refines for a while with burnin. Exciting!

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 05/11/13 at 20:13:27

Hey Dom:

You are going to experience a lot of wonderful added tonality and dymanics with a ZSTAGE. I have mine connected to my SUPERZEN and it sounds wonderful. In fact, I removed the 'STAGE from the chain the other day and immediately put it back. That is a powerful statement about how much it brings to the table.  

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #5 - 05/11/13 at 22:22:02

Hi James...

Yeah...I am really looking forward to hearing the difference that it makes when I add the ZSTAGE...especially with the upgraded Jupiter Caps I added as an option.  

I also ordered the new Decware switchbox.  The Schitt  Gungnir and/or new statement DAC will be added this Xmas, maybe sooner.  Needless to say   I am moving forward nicely.   Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print