Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/05/24 at 12:35:33 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
jupiter HT beeswax cryoed coupling caps (Read 17335 times)
jameskk
Seasoned Member

jupiter HT beeswax cryoed coupling caps
04/10/13 at 23:46:19

Am I to assume that all Decware amps come with these capacitors now. the Jupiter HT beeswax cryoed capacitors?

IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Re: jupiter HT beeswax cryoed coupling caps
Reply #1 - 04/21/13 at 11:49:21

I should be asking if you guys are staying afloat out there????? everything OK??????????

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 04/22/13 at 14:15:22

Check the product descriptions.  I think they are only standard on the Torii Monos.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 04/24/13 at 17:39:26

Hi Palomino  they are in the superzen , new taboo mkii, and maybe the Rachal 341.3 integrated,along with the tori mono's, actually all zens!!!!!!

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 04/25/13 at 21:02:15

Sorry, I am not seeing where it says that.  Can you reference a page?

I just got my SE34I.2.  It would be great if it had those caps because I was thinking about upgrading.

i7 Mac Mini with LPSU/SSD running Audirvana 3.5, Uptone Audio Regen on LPSU, Mytek Brooklyn DAC+, Ven Haus DIY Silver ICs, 25th Ann. Zen, PS Audio P5 Power Supply, PS Audio Power Cords, GR Research Speaker Wire, DIY Big Betsy and Crystal 10 Open Baffle Speakers
  IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 04/25/13 at 23:21:19

I emailed Steve D about this and I'm pretty sure that you can get them for the Rachel, but it's the same price as the V-Caps and you need to request it as it's not an option when purchasing in the cart.

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 04/25/13 at 23:32:20

Thanks, that was my impression as well.  These are an option, not standard.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #7 - 04/25/13 at 23:44:17

Quote:
Palomino,
These are an option, not standard.

Yes and they aren't a "Standard Option" either LOL Tongue

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 04/25/13 at 23:46:07

No go for Rachael, but read the SuperZen description.  It does sound like they are standard.

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #9 - 04/26/13 at 00:02:50

Quote:
Palomino,
No go for Rachael, ...

Is that a "not at all" option or just not a standard option, because I have an email from Steve that says he could do it for the Rachel and cost the same as the V-Caps.  But it's possible he changed his mind since then.

IP Logged
Palomino
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 04/26/13 at 11:48:41

Sorry I wasn't clear on that. It is an option.  I was thinking along the lines of the original post where the question was are they standard.

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Reply #11 - 04/26/13 at 17:27:55

Hi Guys,

Here's the deal...  we are slowly transitioning from white to black chassis.  At the same time I am taking the opportunity to make any upgrades or improvements I can.  Part of this strategy includes using the Jupiter caps as the stock cap in the amplifiers.  So far everything uses the HT version except the SE34I.3 and TORII MONO's which use the flat stacked version.  These choices made as part of the voicing on each amp.

This means that if you see a new amp from Decware that is black wrinkle finish, it will have cryo treated beeswax caps from Jupiter.  

So on amps that are still white I have not updated the web page or shopping cart options and don't plan on it until the chassis for those amps change to black.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
jameskk
Seasoned Member

Reply #12 - 04/27/13 at 11:39:45

Thanks for clarifying that Steve. Being the owner and heavy user of the Zen CKC,there is nothing quite like this amp with the Jupiter caps. Thanks again

IP Logged
AlexR
Verified Member

Reply #13 - 04/28/13 at 17:03:14

So the SE84CKC (black chassis) product page states that the Jupiter caps are standard, but the SE84ZS (white chassis) product page doesn't mention the Jupiter caps (they're supposed to be the same amps, except for chassis). I just ordered a SE84ZS mainly for the figured base (to match my CSP2+), but with the Jupiter caps, maybe the SE84CKC will sound better? Should I call and have Sarah change my order? Of course, maybe by the time my SE84ZS gets built, they'll be using the black chassis and Jupiter caps.

AlexR   IP Logged
Dominick
Seasoned Member

Still like that old
time Rock and Roll!!

Reply #14 - 05/03/13 at 16:16:09

Alex R,

I just placed an order for a new ZStage and had the Jupiter caps added as an option.  The additional cost was $100 bucks.  

I had talked to Steve about the upgrade and he said that the Jiter caps have a more "organic sound " that just sounds right.  He felt that the addition would be worth the upgrade.  

Just some food for thought.  

Dom

Rasp. Pi 4 [Roon], Schiit Bifrost True Multibit DAC, ZBIT, ZROCK2, My Audio Cables Ultra Silver+, ZSB, CSP2+ 25th, DAG Cables, DHC1, Torii MKIV 25th /2 White Zen SE84C+ 25th mono’s, Rega P2 Turntable,Rega Fono MK5, Velodyne Dual Firing Sub, ERR’s [Bubbinga Wood]
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #15 - 05/03/13 at 16:49:48

Congrats on the ZStage. I wonder myself whether it would be more bang for the buck to add a CSP2+ rather than the ZStage, as has been discussed several times in this forum.

In my case, I've decided to eventually get the CSP2+, given its versatility and the fact that it better dilutes the inherent DAC's coloration through far more tube rolling opportunities.

It would be interesting to compare the ZStage + Jupiter Caps' more organic sound with the well documented benefits of a CSP2+ using the right tube complement for a particular application.

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
AlexR
Verified Member

Reply #16 - 05/05/13 at 05:03:18

Thanks, Dom. I had Steve add the Jupiter caps to my amp as well. I'm very excited to get my Super Zen--just hope it mates well with my speakers, 98db Tekton Lores. 2wpc makes me a bit nervous...

AlexR   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print