05/05/24 at 14:31:34 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Want a real treat? (Read 2145 times)
Chris K
Seasoned Member

Want a real treat?
03/13/13 at 15:23:15

Anyone who would like to see just how real your system can sound via a raw recording. If you have MOG this will be much easier but I just discovered the album/CD "The Pizza Tapes" on MOG. Its Jerry Garcia, Dave Grisman and Tony Rice playing and singing in studio all the tracks melded together in one stream with talkin and joking and all the fun little sound in between including musical screw-ups. Really has an "in the moment" feel to it like it is happening right now. Don't know how old this set is but it is really dimensional and the tone is to die for.

Resistance is futile.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Want a real treat?
Reply #1 - 03/13/13 at 16:07:42

Though not really my musical cup of tea, those are good recordings. They were made in '93. The original release I believe was 2000. In 2011 an expanded edition was released with sixteen more tracks.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print