Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/05/24 at 12:11:28 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Which contact cleaner? (Read 2118 times)
Mark
Seasoned Member

Which contact cleaner?
02/20/13 at 15:19:30

I was wondering what the best spray contact cleaner was for my Zen triode volume pot... I'm getting a little scratchiness in the control, and I wanted to make sure I got the best thing for my amplifier...

I was looking at the Caig line of 'DeoxIT' products... But they have a lot of different products that makes it a little confusing... I have mild oxidation, so I need a little flushing with the cleaning...

Anyone?... Preferably with a good deal of experience in the issue... (m.)

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: Which contact cleaner?
Reply #1 - 02/20/13 at 15:51:42

My Torii was doing the same thing. I asked Steve about it, and he said to clean it with DeoxIT, which I did. The spray I used is DeoxIT DN5 contact cleaner.

What I did: unplug the amp while it was playing music to drain the caps.

Removed the base.

Sprayed in Deoxit into the volume pot from the sides....(can't recall, but I don't think I had to take anything apart...just spray in and work the volume knob back and forth).

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Mark
Seasoned Member

Re: Which contact cleaner?
Reply #2 - 03/13/13 at 02:33:53

Follow up:  Used this product, and I can't say enough about it... Perfect solution, pun intended... (m.)

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print