Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/19/24 at 04:59:33 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Questions on Interconnects (Read 8199 times)
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Questions on Interconnects
03/11/13 at 03:58:21

Does any body have more info on standard silver plated RCA's? For example are they silver plated brass? How much better sounding are the silver shadow RCA's?

Also, does the ribbon act in a similar fashion to braided designs that offer some EMI and RF rejection?

Currently I have a nice pair of RS Audio cables that are super annealed silver braided with silver ETI bullets. They are really transparent interconnects. Problem is they are no longer in business and I might need a second set of short 0.5m cables for the Z-Stage I may choose to add to my system. I do not like the sound of shielded interconnects, and so these might be the ticket. It seems the silver shadows RCA's may even surpass the transparency of the ETI silver bullets.

IP Logged
JD
Seasoned Member

Re: Questions on Interconnects
Reply #1 - 03/24/13 at 04:18:26

orangecrush just put in a new set of the Decware interconnects with silver shadows between my CSP2+ and Torii III and they are better out of the gate (only 35 hrs in) compared to the Decware interconnects (which were fantastic)without the silver shadows. Clarity and instrument separation are superior feels as though you are in the studio listening live.  They also are better than my Nordost blue heavens. Might look into having them put on the rest of my interconnects.  

JD

IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 03/30/13 at 15:47:28

Thanks JD, that's very helpful.

IP Logged
LSGoCards7
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 01/03/14 at 19:07:19

I had the shadows on mine and I loved them!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print