Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 07:27:43 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WO32 fits perfect under Peavey FH-1 midbass horn! (Read 5693 times)
audiomind
Ex Member

WO32 fits perfect under Peavey FH-1 midbass horn!
02/20/13 at 12:53:29

Wonder if anyone out there has used an WO32 underneath a Peavey  FH-1 folded midbass horn with good results? (I would imagine this combo would need to be bi-amped because of large sensitivity difference between two boxes)

WO32 dimension wise fits nearly perfect underneath an FH-1 (or maybe also a Peavey SP-1 too) and both horns have fairly similar path length's from throat to mouth. SP-1 version is basically an FH-1 with built in mid/hi horn on top. Steve D. are you a speaker psychic?

I have not heard the WO32 but I have a friend with some FH-1's on his stereo and told him this seems like the WO32 might be pretty sweet combo if WO32 has the fast open characteristics of a horn like most people say.

Anyway just wanted to throw this tidbit of info out there as a single FH-1 goes down to about 60-80hz on the low end and having the WO32 underneath the FH-1 looks like it would make a pretty sweet "small"(for bass horns) fully horn loaded low end.

Thoughts, comments?

IP Logged
audiomind
Ex Member

Re: WO32 fits perfect under Peavey FH-1 midbass horn!
Reply #1 - 02/20/13 at 13:16:56

By the way my friend had some LaScala's with the ALK universal crossovers and transferred all the drivers, crossover K33E woofers , K55V alnico mids and Coral bullet tweeter (maybe a little cleaner and more detailed tweet than T35) over to some empty FH-1 mid bass and CH-1  300hz horns with fantastic results.

Peavey FH-1 and CH-1 horns are so smooth sounding and superior to Klipsch LaScala bass and K400 mid horns it is not even a contest.

I think the K33 and K55's drivers are what draws people to the Klipsch speakers, very nice sounding drivers even on not so great horns. Sorry if I offend any LaScala owners out there but the Klipsch drivers on the Peavey horns win out by a large margin from everyone who heard the transformation.

We took measurements also, again LaScala mid and bass horns measured extremely poor next to the Peavey mid and bass horn setup.

Now I am hoping the WO32 will make this great sounding setup even better by adding another octave of practically nonexistent bass below 60hz FH-1 cutoff and also look like the two boxes were made to go together in the process.

Making horn bass look cool it is sometimes kind of like trying to make your refrigerator look cool, even a hip stainless model is still a fridge, big and bulky, needs to stay in the kitchen, built in to a wall.

I am thinking a pair of WO32's under a pair FH-1's  might actually look kind of nice in a "largish" living room if cosmetics of boxes are given some thought as to paint scheme and/or wood veneer, etc.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print