Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 00:06:08 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Betsy-K Drivers with SET Amp (Read 604 times)
Ron
Seasoned Member

Betsy-K Drivers with SET Amp
01/07/13 at 23:48:10

I will be building a pair of Quarter Wave cabinets using the Betsy-K drivers (95 dB) and powering them with my Mini Torii. Will report back on how they sound. Comparison are my B&W 601 S3's (89 dB)

HR-1 + Torii Jr. + ZROCK2 + ZP3 + VPI Prime Scout + UberBUSS + TriodeWireLabs Seven/Ten Plus + ASC IsoThermal TubeTraps
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Re: Betsy-K Drivers with SET Amp
Reply #1 - 01/08/13 at 13:17:16

Ron,

it'll be interesting to hear your results. Take some photos as you progress.

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Ron
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 01/08/13 at 13:19:43

Will do for sure, the design fits on two 4x8 sheets of Birch 3/4" plywood. Depending on the sonics I may put a BSC in the design to help tame the highs. Pictures and plans for the whole setup to follow. I am waiting on the Betsy-K's to be in-stock. If I get very impatient I may get some DFR-8's

HR-1 + Torii Jr. + ZROCK2 + ZP3 + VPI Prime Scout + UberBUSS + TriodeWireLabs Seven/Ten Plus + ASC IsoThermal TubeTraps
  IP Logged
Ron
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 01/10/13 at 02:47:11

I might opt for the Tang Band W8-1772 drivers, both very nice. Betsy-K's are obviously much cheaper, but they have an 8 week lead time...

IP Logged
chris_m
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 01/21/13 at 21:46:06

Hi Ron,
I've been trying Betsy-K's in an open baffle arrangement since last April 2012.  I later added subwoofer (Deltalite  2515) and a super tweeter.  I'm getting around 96dB sensitivity with this arrangement and run a variety of amps through it.  My ZKIT 1 has never sounded better through it compared to my other, less efficient speakers.  Good luck with your project!

Chris

Torii MkII, AN DAC, home built MLTL with Jordan JX92S
  IP Logged
Ron
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 01/22/13 at 01:13:50

Thanks! I am absolutely loving my Mini Torii, I have since replaced the JJ's that came with it with NOS tubes and that has helped quite a bit.

Betsy-K's are back ordered for now, so just spending the time listening to some great music!

-R

IP Logged
JSantos
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 03/10/16 at 14:50:46

Looking forward to your updates. Any updates by now? Toriis!

IP Logged
Lin
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 03/10/16 at 22:54:29

According to Ron's profile page he hasn't been here since May last year.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print