03/29/24 at 14:31:01 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Preamp with Mini Torii (Read 407 times)
Gotog
Verified Member

Preamp with Mini Torii
12/24/12 at 19:46:46

I have owned my Mini Torii for about a year.  For most of the time I have been running it with stock tubes getting a good baseline as it continued to break in.  More recently, I have tailored the sound with some tube rolling and have been very happy with the way that the Mini Torii responded.  I am using it in a vinyl only system and the attenuators provide enough gain.  I am just wondering if any one of you is using the Mini Torii with a preamp and what added benefits you are finding.

Thanks,
Greg

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: Preamp with Mini Torii
Reply #1 - 12/24/12 at 19:52:06

Hey Greg:

I have a MINI TORII. With vinyl I used a Marantz 2226B for its phono stage. When I did, it seemed that I could use all the volume that the MINI had but something was held back. I connected the phono signal from the Marantz to the CSP2+ and I got the headroom I needed. The FM signal on the other hand was higher than the phono signal coming out of the Marantz. The short answer is that the CSP2+ gives the MINI greater control of the sound, and some added weight if your phono preamp does not put out a good signal.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Gotog
Verified Member

Re: Preamp with Mini Torii
Reply #2 - 12/24/12 at 20:42:51

Thanks Rivieraranch:

I have been debating whether my next move should be a CSP2+ for the added control/weight/ headroom that you mention or upgrading my phono preamp to a ZP3 to get the ultimate synergy with the Mini Torii.  I am leaning toward the ZP3.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print