05/05/24 at 18:41:05 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SuperZen SE84CKC (Read 5439 times)
hoops
Verified Member

SuperZen SE84CKC
12/19/12 at 10:51:05

Hi I am looking at the new SuperZen, I had an SE84CW earlier in the year which I really enjoyed.

A couple of questions:
1. Can I order it with some spare SV83/6P15P-EV tubes? They are not that common here in the UK and would need importing in anyway.
2. Is it possible to add a pre-out option for the use of an active subwoofer?

What are likely to be the improvements over the older SE84C version I had before?

Also looking at speakers, but its hard to find higher efficiency stuff over here in the UK, not the hoards of Altec, JBL, Klipsch and other older, bigger stuff you get over their  ;)

Cheers, Rob

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: SuperZen SE84CKC
Reply #1 - 12/19/12 at 12:00:53

As to your first question, yes, there is a page accessible from the catalog pages online that allows you to order tubes from Decware:

https://www.decware.com/newsite/tubesets.htm

I don't know about the pre-out option, but as it IS a feature of the CSP2+ that may be possible; that's a question for Steve. . . .

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
hoops
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 12/19/12 at 13:10:28

Thanks, I did not see that page for the tubes  :)

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 12/19/12 at 13:14:10

You're welcome!

I think there are going to be improvements over the amp your familiar with, Steve really wouldn't have made the changes if they didn't reap sonic rewards. If ever there was someone who knew what he was doing. . . Smiley

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
hoops
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 12/24/12 at 16:52:47

Cheers, a couple more questions:

1. Does the lifetime warranty cover everything for its lifetime with the original owner but not the cost of getting it back to Decware?

2. I currently dont have a final speaker to go with the Zen so would the low impedance version (2-6 Ohms) be better as it would be happy with both low and higher impedance speakers (say 8Ohms or more) rather than getting the 6-16Ohm version and using a speaker that dips well into 4Ohms?

Many thanks again, and have a happy xmas!  :)

IP Logged
busterfree
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 12/25/12 at 00:28:59

Check out page below for more information...

https://www.decware.com/newsite/service.html

IP Logged
hoops
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 12/25/12 at 18:25:53

Thanks did not see that link.  :)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print