05/05/24 at 16:25:29 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Best recorded music ?? (Read 396 times)
Randy-Okla
Ex Member

Best recorded music ??
12/09/12 at 17:54:50

Ihave 2 new Klipsh  La Scalla speakers and hope to drive them with a Decware SE34I or a Zen Torii or Mini Torii . MY room is large 24 X 60 with hardwood floor ,wood walls , and a suspended ceiling (NOT IDEAL) WE will listen mainly to piano, classical, and Broadway sound tracts. What is the BEST quality recorded music availiable in todays technology.WE also listen to a BBC classical station from a cheap internet radio. How can that be upgraded to the best out there. This is for my wife for Christmas and I know very little about music, but would like our living room to sound like the orchestra is right there. Thank all of you for any help.  Randy

IP Logged
ski bum
Seasoned Member

Re: Best recorded music ??
Reply #1 - 12/09/12 at 19:25:18

Best quality recorded music?  Digital, presumably?    

Technologically speaking, that would be Redbook CD.  Higher resolution formats have proven to be indistinguishable in controlled comparisons.  That goes for lossless formats like FLAC too.

Some internet radio streams at 320kbps, which is ok, but the system you are putting together will be on the brutally honest side of the resolution scale (prepare yourself, 'Scalas with any Decware amp will be the next best thing to live musicians in your living room, probably better than anything you've heard to date), so you would probably notice it.  

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 12/09/12 at 19:40:45

What? Hi res indistinguishable? I challenge that.

Vinyl or redbook can certainly be great sounding. I would myself not try to seek "the very best recorded music" but go for recordings in good and great sound. With a Decware amp at the helm the performance will shine through and take you away.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Syd
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 12/09/12 at 23:32:56

BBC3 & Classical would be worth getting a good reception through. They sound great on FM. They had issues from the classical buffs about the format when it first went digital, so hope it all sounds the way you like it. There are plenty of streaming folk here who will know how to get the best out of  i/net radio.

Decware: Rachaels x 2 bridged, C. SP2+, ZP3, ZMC1, DHC-1 pw/cbl`s Michell Orbe + SME V + M.Benz LP s, Arcam CD33, Nakamichi LX5, Lowther acoustas DX2`s, WE 16g sp/cbl`s, Isotek mains substation, M & K subwoofer, Belden 8402 interconnects.
  IP Logged
Randy-Okla
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/10/12 at 15:53:39

i have recently read about Slim Devices Transporter to get the best internet radio. Its pretty pricy at 1999.99 -- wondered if any of you have had experience with one? Any other ideas on getting the best sound out of internet radio?

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print