Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 09:49:23 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
!! WANTED !! SE34i (or similar) for Christmas Gift (Read 3786 times)
Randy-Okla
Ex Member

!! WANTED !! SE34i (or similar) for Christmas Gift
12/07/12 at 16:39:17

Have a pair of Klipsch La Scala speakers. Need something that will make the orchestra come ALIVE in my living room! Preferably an SE34i.

Christmas gift, so please contact immediately, 918.271.1917

IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Re: !! WANTED !! SE34i (or similar) for Christmas Gift
Reply #1 - 12/07/12 at 22:34:30

PM me "Randy-Okla".... I have a SE34I.3 with dual stepped attenuator option and one set of inputs.  I am the second owner and just bought it in August from another highly active member on this forum who just bought it new earlier this year.  This SE34I.3 went thru the Decware owner/warranty transfer/inspection process with Steve/Decware at that time.  So its just about guaranteed to be perfect.  It works perfectly and sounds wonderful.  Of course, you will ask, why are you selling it?  Answer: I just acquired a 1-owner Torii MK.III via the same method - just got it from Decware last week.  So this SE34 needs a new home to make beautiful music in.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 12/07/12 at 23:04:39

maddog, with just one post, Randy won't be able to PM you. I'd suggest calling him as he provided the number and seems to desire alacrity. Smiley

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Randy-Okla
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/08/12 at 20:14:46

Maddog, would you please call me, the system won't let me reach you yet.  Thank you, Randy  918-2711917

IP Logged
maddog07
Seasoned Member

seeker of truth

Reply #4 - 12/10/12 at 04:26:28

Randy,
sent you a couple of emails with all my contact info... perhaps we should schedule a date/time for a call?

I have heard LaScala's with 3 watt amps and they would get jiggy-with-it on 3 watts.  I wouldn't think you need the power of a Torii to get more than adequate volume on Scala's... but as I have recently rediscovered again - you never know till you try.
I have witnessed the SE34 drive speakers I would never have thought it would, and not drive another pair that I expected it to.  Just don't know with impedance curves, crossovers, etc. etc. until you try it.  I would expect the SE34 to make LaScala's sound really good.  I love its sound, but its not quite enough juice occasionally on my speaks in my huge man cave.  I just got a Torii this past week, and still dialing it in, but I think I need to roll its tubes to the same 34's, 5U4's and 6N1P's Riveriaranch sent with the SE34 went I bought it from him... because this SE34 has really good rez & tone! I love its sound - just need a bit more umph once in awhile.

Decware Torii MK3, Wyred4Sound DAC2, Theta Digital Miles, Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5, Aesthetix Calypso, Wyred STP-SE, Martin Logan Vista, Audio Nirvana 12" Alnico's, PS Audio PW P5, Goertz, Kimber, Nordost and DIY wires, PSA pwr cords, Cary SLI-80, DM945's.....
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print