Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/05/24 at 09:51:30 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Zen CD player break-in?... (Read 3715 times)
Mark
Seasoned Member

Zen CD player break-in?...
11/14/12 at 23:04:33

Hello: I just received my new Zen CDP, and I'd like to know what a good break-in regimen would be for this unit... I have always just put CDPs on 'repeat all' and left them on for a few days... Can I do that with the Zen and expect no problems?... (m.)

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Re: Zen CD player break-in?...
Reply #1 - 11/15/12 at 12:33:36

Mark,

I've been doing just that for years (to break in speakers) with my Zen CD player and it is still working perfectly today.

Go for it......

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Mark
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/15/12 at 14:47:01

Hey, thanks... (m.)

If a rabbit defined intelligence the way man does, then the most intelligent animal would be a rabbit, followed by the animal most willing to obey the commands of a rabbit. -Robert Brault, writer (b. 1938)
  IP Logged
Mark
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 11/19/12 at 22:57:56

Just some addl. comments: I'm at about 150 hrs. on the Zen CDP, and it's just starting to open up... I would say that I need at least double that to come up to speed... I did try a Telefunken 12 AU 7 'smooth plate' tube for the output, and it's doing well for what I listen to...

Also tried an Amperex 'Bugle Boy' 12 AT 7 'D foil' getter tube, which is also very good... The Telefunken has a lot of air on top, and the BB excells at imaging and depth... VR tube is Raytheon OC2...

This player has both weight and finesse... A very hard combination to attain in a CD player...  It seems to defy the axiom that a tube player sacrifices detail for warmth... (m.)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print