Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/05/24 at 20:21:01 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Cobble chopped vinyl set up sounds cool!!!! (Read 3323 times)
Chris K
Seasoned Member

Cobble chopped vinyl set up sounds cool!!!!
11/10/12 at 04:53:35

So I broke out my Pioneer SA-9800 integrated and since I have no other phono stage other than the ones in my 70's japanese TOTL amps I decided to throw in a PioneerDD TT that a buddy gave to me. Low and behold after fiddling with the controls and putting my CSP2 in between the SA-9800 front side and the amp stage inputs (you can do that on the better integrated since they have pre out and amp in) It sound stupidly good for what might amount to junk in most peoples analog world. Hey right now it is all I have to spin vinyl. Broke out my dads jazz records and my rock and roll along with stacks of abandoned LP I've confiscated over the years from friends I had way back. You really appreciate the tone stage on the old Pioneer amp to bring out the bass and treble because without it everything is thin. Don't know what the cart is but I do know the phono stage was well thought of in the SA-9800 but the CSP2 helped the weight and warmth. Looks like I'm finally going to pursue a "real" setup for LP's. Grin

Resistance is futile.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Cobble chopped vinyl set up sounds cool!!!!
Reply #1 - 11/10/12 at 11:28:11

Returning to vinyl listening has been a great shot in the arm for me. I had missed the "sound," had been looking for that "sound," and I find that some of the music I crave listening to sounds so so good on vinyl!

I'm happy that you are listening to records again and hope your enjoyment increases and continues.  :D

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Chris K
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 11/10/12 at 13:29:13

Thanks Lon. I believe a ZP3 is in my near future. Smiley

Resistance is futile.
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 11/10/12 at 15:07:55

Chris K wrote on 11/10/12 at 13:29:13:
Thanks Lon. I believe a ZP3 is in my near future. Smiley

Great! I'm about to find out how great the ZP3 is. . . I love my current phono preamp so it has some big shoes to fill.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print