04/24/24 at 17:31:43 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Packing (Read 6039 times)
CK722
Seasoned Member

Packing
10/23/12 at 13:49:16

I just received my SE34I.3 yesterday. I am not sure who is managing or doing their packing but I would like to point out that this amp was packed better than anything I have ever purchased. My Torii MKII was packed well because I got it with the case. But this amp was not only packed in a way that would keep it safe in a tornado, but it also was packed and wrapped professionally. The package looked so good, I almost felt bad taking the packing material off! Anytime I sell something on Audiogon or Ebay I try to over pack the very best I know how. I could not have packed this amp the way Decware did if I wanted to.  I did not get a chance to hook it up yet but this just goes to show the detail that Decware puts into their products. I did manage to get it opened and the amp looks beautiful!  Thanks Decware!!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Packing
Reply #1 - 10/23/12 at 13:57:45

Congrats! You are right about the packaging. Had your Torii been shipped without the excellent case you would have experienced similar overkill packaging on that. Decware just does it right. What an astonishingly good company.

I hope you'll share your impressions of the MT in comparison to the Torii.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
CK722
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/23/12 at 16:14:46

Thanks Lon! It's actually the SE34I.3 - A.K.A “Rachael”.  I plan to use it bridged as my center channel amp.  I will defiantly let you guys know how it does compared to my Torii MKII.  

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 10/23/12 at 16:28:10

Duoh! I should have paid attention to what I was typing! I do want to know your impressions!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
CK722
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 10/29/12 at 03:57:07

I managed to hook the new amp up to my Klipsch RF-7's. It's too bad my Klipsch need more power because the amp sounds wonderful. I can see why people like SET amps. It's hard to say if I like this or my Torii better because of the SPL difference. In regard to dynamics the Torrii blows it out of the water but I have a feeling it’s because of the power differences.  It’s hard to explain but it sounds like the dynamics are there but not really there. That made no sense but is the best I can come up with. For lower volume this unit sounds very seductive. I have heard that RF-7’s really dip down their impedance at certain frequencies. It’s too bad I don’t have my HDT’s yet to compare but it is defiantly a wonderful sounding amp.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print