Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/26/24 at 15:03:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Whoa! check out the new stuff on the home page (Read 24532 times)
archeion
Verified Member

Whoa! check out the new stuff on the home page
09/03/12 at 21:28:54

When do we get more info?

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Re: Whoa! check out the new stuff on the home page
Reply #1 - 09/03/12 at 22:07:01

Yes quite the tease!

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 09/04/12 at 10:31:03

The speakers are most likely the full range Trapeziums.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
archeion
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 09/04/12 at 12:45:27

Really?  I wouldn't have thought they were so much an evolution of the Trapezium as perhaps the offspring of an ERR with a MG944.  What I can't tell is if the omni-directional driver is like the one from the ERR or MG944.  Either way sounds interesting.

IP Logged
markv

Reply #4 - 09/04/12 at 12:49:36

I think the speakers may be the new HR-1's.  I thought I read somewhere that Decware would begin selling them. Here a link mentioning the HR-1's and the Err's:

http://app.audiogon.com/listings/decware-err-radial-speakers-like-new-less-than-...

As for the new amp, I wonder if this is a new "lucid" model?  When the original SE34i.3 was announced, Steve mentioned that it included lucid.  However, ithe lucid feature was held back because Steve was not happy with the sound - he said it would take sometime to perfect it.  Maybe he's perfected it now?  Looks like a smaller but similar design of the SE34I.3.

IP Logged
archeion
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 09/04/12 at 13:49:07

Yes, I agree. The HR-One's are also mentioned here:
https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1331660933/0

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #6 - 09/04/12 at 14:14:39

Definitely HR-Ones.  I have some.

All Modified: PSA-P5>DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender>RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro/ZBIT/CSP3>OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV>Omega S-A-H-O monitors/SVS Micro3000>Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 09/04/12 at 14:35:18

I don't see them on the home page, but I have them too. Once my CSP2+ is fully broken in, I'm planning on putting them back in the main system for a spell to reacquaint myself with them there.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 09/04/12 at 14:55:12

Lon,

I wonder if you need to clear your browser cache. https://www.decware.com/newsite/homepage.html
has the new amp and the HRs

With my HR-Ones, for the tweeters, I am using 2.7 Mundorf resistors, and 3.3 Mundorf Supreme caps bypassed with .33 NOS Russian K40Y-9's. Refined the sound nicely.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 09/04/12 at 15:09:00

Thanks, as soon as i can figure/remember how to do that I'll see.

I haven't played around with any resistors etc. The general presentation of the HR-ONEs was just not as much to my liking in my large listening room as the ERRs. Great speakers, but that full dispersion of the ERR model just has a grip on me, nothing else sounds right any longer!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #10 - 09/04/12 at 15:19:39

Yes, the ERRs seem to be just right for you. Just right is hard to beat no matter how good the options are!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #11 - 09/04/12 at 15:28:11

That's true. I fell in love with the design with the RL1s, then that solidified with the RL2s and the ERRs exceeded my expectations.

In between the RL2 and the ERR I had the HR-Ones for about a year and though they were better than the RL2 in some ways, I missed that dispersion, that pattern is the closest to real music I've ever heard in a stereo system. That's a hard presentation to beat!

Can't wait for my ZP3. I'm expecting that coupled to my Rega to give me the best sound yet from the Torii and ERRs.

IP Logged
archeion
Verified Member

Reply #12 - 09/04/12 at 15:32:08

Is the omni driver the same as the ERR or is it a second one of the forward facing driver, just facing upwards?  Like an MTM with one driver pointed up?

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #13 - 09/04/12 at 16:20:40

It it's not the same driver as the ERR (I'm not sure it's identical) it's very close to the same, it's not like the forward driver.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #14 - 09/04/12 at 18:06:06

Distant memory, but I seem to recall that it is conceptually the same as the ERR radial driver, but a little different....Maybe a different size??? ...requiring its own tuning to perfect it???...and therefore a little different SQ???

Hopefully ZYGI will chime in and clarify this absurd post. Where does the mind go?

IP Logged
Morganc

Reply #15 - 09/04/12 at 18:17:49

The amp is the new Tori Monoblock.  Steve wrote a long story about his "all-nighter" with the amps a few nights back and in his giddiness posted a long story that he has since removed.....Steve seems to be quite excited about these guys!  He also mentioned an amazing demo that he plans during the Decware ZenFest for all who can attend.  That's all that I can remember from the post other than Steve's hilarious comments about choking on his beer during the first and second songs with the new amp, as he was so shocked at the beauty that he was hearing!

IP Logged
Morganc

Reply #16 - 09/04/12 at 18:22:37

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #17 - 09/04/12 at 18:37:15

I think you're right, seems a smaller diameter, and there certainly is a smaller amount of the driver exposed than on the ERR. The HR-One and the ERR are quite different speakers.

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #18 - 09/04/12 at 19:15:00

Hey Lon, I wasn't referring to the slightly different SQ between the speakers, but the drivers. But again this is distant memory.....I get that the speakers, being different designs, will have notably different presentation. I was impressed with the "family resemblance" between the MG944s and HR-Ones though.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #19 - 09/04/12 at 19:43:59

No, I know that. There's a resemblance to the ERR as well, but it's an odd duck for me, not enough of what I really like about the ERR comes through, and I couldn't be completely happy with the mix of conventional with some some more ambient sound. I wanted the real deal. I have it.:)

I think the HR-Ones work really well in my second system. but to be honest I think the ultimate second system speakers for me would be the powered "DNA Horns" which we don't hear too much about. Maybe one day (especially if I know whether I'll still be here or in another house here or in Ohio) I'll sell my Torii Mk II and HR-Ones and get a pair of those. Smiley

IP Logged
archeion
Verified Member

Reply #20 - 09/04/12 at 20:18:24

let me know if you decide to sell, Lon

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #21 - 09/04/12 at 20:22:32

Sure, going to be quite some time in the future though, most likely next year before I have this sort of plan decided.

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #22 - 09/05/12 at 02:45:35

Lon, Will, archeion, et al,

The ERR uses a 8" radial driver while the HR-One's use a 6-1/2" radial driver.  Much of the drivers are identical, same motor, voice coil, and the cone, I just use a smaller portion of the 8" cone for the 6-1/2" driver.

Last year, while at the Zenfest, I heard something that had changed my perception of what audio could be. Steve had built an OTL amp, that paired with the HR-Ones was simply the best sound I have heard to date. The speakers sounded ten times larger than one could ever imagine.

The new mono blocks, from talking to Steve do some things better than the OTL amp. I'm about ready to but some cloths in a bag and head out to Peoria tomorrow, even though I know that is an impossibility.

Zygi

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #23 - 09/05/12 at 03:08:28

These mono's have my attention!
If they fulfil their advertised promise, and all my experience with Decware
says "of course they do" , they should be an easy choice for those shopping in their price range.
-and I thought my well loved SE34I might be my last amp. Ha!
Best of Luck with these splendid offerings!
Don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #24 - 09/05/12 at 13:39:40

Thanks for the info Bob. The HR-Ones are awesome speakers, showing so much of what is before them. That I prefer the ERRs is no slight, just a testimony to Steve's and your design that has captured my imagination and locked in the way I hear playback. Smiley

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #25 - 09/05/12 at 22:09:50

I am completely enamored with the HR-One!

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Steve's comments about HR-1's
Reply #26 - 09/08/12 at 21:27:25

Yes, the picture is of the HR-1's.  I too have of course owned a pair for the past year and have become quite enamored with them.  

1) For one thing, they work well and sound good with every Decware amplifier made.  Even the 2 watt Zen sounds big and full on these speakers.  

2) The other thing is the refinement they seem to offer.  I just can't seem to make them choke no matter what I throw at them.  Not a single bad note has been heard so far, and since it's been this way all year, there just won't be any.

3) The bass is clean, flat and extended.  Several times I've wondered how such low bass notes come from such a small package.

4) They are forgiving of placement and room conditions similar to our ERR speakers which makes them easy to own and easy to sell.

5) My favorite part is the signature.  As you know, I have several Decware designed speakers that are like my children.  Each one different, but equally loved.  Each has a signature frequency and dynamic  balance that I've come to treasure.  Many times I've wished there was a way to blend them all together into one speaker.  This, whether by accident or good karma, has happened with the HR-1's making them the best speaker OVERALL that we have ever offered. *

* That means it's going to sound the best, look the best, work in the most rooms, work with the most amps and give the most pleasure to the most people.

I'll have them online for sale as soon as the web page is finished.  If anyone wants to secure their place in line for a pair NOW (in other words be the first people on the waiting list) I have provided a link to our shopping cart below:

http://secure.ultracart.com/cgi-bin/UCEditor?merchantId=DIY&ADD=HR-1

WWW   IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Reply #27 - 09/10/12 at 13:47:52

Steve,
I have to agree with you. When I heard them last year, they just blew me away. They were just so well balanced.

John

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #28 - 09/16/12 at 07:36:56

Wow, those are beautiful and I bet they sound as good as they look!  Is the speaker pictured above the "white lacquer finish" option? And is that Walnut banding on the tops and bottoms or another lacquer?

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #29 - 09/16/12 at 12:43:51

beowulf,

Thanks for the compliment...

Yes, that is the white lacquer finish. The tops, bottom and driver mounting plate are light pewter metallic.

It's funny, I was just about to build myself another pair in black limba, as I had built a custom amp base using that veneer. I thought it was a beautiful wood. A wood I would have never thought about using.

Then I saw this picture of the white. Now I'm thinking about white with a dark red metallic. Should look pretty good as well.

Thanks again or the complement....

Zygi

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #30 - 09/16/12 at 22:31:33

Hi Zygi, well, its a well deserved compliment for sure!  I am trying to picture a pair to match an Eames Lounge Chair in Santos Palisander Veneer:

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #31 - 09/17/12 at 00:46:58

beowulf,

Nice looking room!!!

While I haven't built any in Santos Rosewood, that was my original choice for the standard veneer on the HR-Ones, until the price doubled almost overnight. Of all the rosewoods, I like Santos the best for its color variations.

I'm sure it would look stunning Wink

Zygi

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #32 - 09/17/12 at 04:53:13

Zygi, I wish I could take credit for that room, but I nipped that pic from the Herman Miller website.

The chair however is one I'm getting for my 2 channel listening area and since the cabinets of your speakers are obviously furniture grade, I just think it would be an awesome match esthetically as well !

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #33 - 09/29/12 at 02:35:19

Beowolf,

That would look good as you walked into the room seeing the back of the chair, with matching speakers.

I'd however have to do a pair in a floral print as I have a couch as a listening chair that was my wife's grandmothers. Oh wouldn't that look good...:-)

The room is still nice....

IP Logged
beowulf
Seasoned Member

Reply #34 - 10/06/12 at 08:32:15

Zygi,

LOL!!! Floral print upholstery as a new means of sound dampening Smiley

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print