Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 20:45:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Amazing Torii and Decware Customer Service (Read 11796 times)
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

The Amazing Torii and Decware Customer Service
05/28/12 at 03:13:03

I have been all over the map with so called high end audio which is full of empty promises for three decades and never found what I wanted until now. The Torii is more then I could ever could ask for. I am truly in audio nirvana. The transparancy, rich texture and intimacy still gives me goosebumps a month later. Not a day goes by, without listening to at least one full recording from beginning to end. The treble and base pots are ingenious and the tube rectification is essential for fine tuning. Even Internet radio sounds good. It is such a bargain, even with the v-caps and all the options. Plus, it is a work of art. A show piece of American craftsmanship and beauty. If you are sitting on the fence, buy one now. You will not regret it.  ;)

However, the real reason I wanted to write this review is for the incredible customer service. Sadly my first Torii must have got dropped off a plane on the way to Canada! Even though it was in the bullet proof pelican case, the amp arrived with all the transformers heavily leaning to one side and the base was damaged. It still worked! From the first phone call to receiving my replacement amp last week (specially built by Steve) Decware has been amazing. They went way, way above and beyond what was needed. I won't go into all the details, but am truly proud and honored to own a true reference amp and such beautiful piece of art from such a talented group of people so dedicated and who display such high integrity. Thanks to Sarah, DeVon and Steve for sharing your inspiring passion with others!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: The Amazing Torii and Decware Customer Service
Reply #1 - 05/28/12 at 03:42:19

A great product. Real innovation and real people firmly behind the line. Glad you had such great service!

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Douger
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 06/07/12 at 22:31:21

I also have had a great experience with Decware! I picked up my Torii MkIII on Monday, on short notice after planning to pick it up Friday (tomorrow)... Steve actually helped me though they were technically closed for the day! If I had known I would not have asked, but at least I didn't interfere with business hours! My amp was running and warm when I arrived and I listened to it for about an hour - Steve said it had about 25 hours on it, hooray! Break in would be shorter Wink
Indeed, I got home with it yesterday afternoon and listened a lot, then ran the IBE disc this morning... The amp is stunning!
I know it will get better, but now it is as good as I had hoped, and that is great indeed! Steve, Devon and Sarah have all been extremely helpful, and it was great to see the operation!

IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #3 - 06/08/12 at 05:19:56

Great news Douger. You are in for a lot of listening pleasure!

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
orangecrush
Seasoned Member

Reply #4 - 06/09/12 at 01:27:16

Your fortunate to live close enough to pick up!

Even with the v-caps mine sounds great from the get go, but it gets better weekly. Are you planning any tube rolling?

It definitely has shown my source to be weak. Upgrade coming...

IP Logged
Douger
Verified Member

Reply #5 - 06/11/12 at 00:55:23

Thanks for reading. I am in Omaha which is less than 500 miles from Peoria Smiley  I don't plan to do any tube rolling at this time, I trust Steve's selections. I also want to avoid higher maintenance costs downroad...
Until I figure out how to add my components to my profile, here they are:

Zen Torii MkIII
Bottlehead Smack hp amp
Nottingham Space 294/Grado Gold1
Emotiva ERC-2 CD transport
Musical Fidelity DAC1
AVA Super PAS3I preamp
Tannoy Prestige Canterbury SE's
Grado PS500 phones

IP Logged
Douger
Verified Member

Reply #6 - 06/15/12 at 16:53:53

As expected the system keeps on getting better and I notice that I am listening at lower volume levels than before...  Tannoys have always been good at low volume, but since I moved to the living room from a small bedroom I had not been satisfied without the immediacy I used to get. It's back! In the words of Dr. Gizmo (Harvey Rosenberg) my music is so real I can cut it with a knife and eat it with a fork!
Thanks again, Steve!

IP Logged
Douger
Verified Member

Reply #7 - 12/30/12 at 23:22:11

Now I have had my Torii 3 for 6 months and it is uncanny with any well-recorded music... The speakers simply disappear. What about less than good recordings? Still usually fun to listen to, or if it's the pits at least you know it Wink  Through this time I have ordered another power cord and a different volume knob, and Steve and Sarah are still awesome!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print