Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 06:32:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
A New Name for the Upcoming SE34I.3 (Read 13951 times)
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

A New Name for the Upcoming SE34I.3
01/25/12 at 12:43:57

All the other amps have names. Why not suggest a name for this one? The alpha numeric designation is too cryptic. There is no magic in it.

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Re: A New Name for the Upcoming SE34I.3
Reply #1 - 01/26/12 at 00:05:01

The SE34 ZENTIGRATED

MINI TORII & ZROCK2 both anniversaried; 'Lil Audio F-15; TECHNICS SL1200MK2 KAB MODDED TT; ONKYO 6 DISC CD; MARANTZ 2226B; SCHIIT MULTIBIT DAC; SENNHEISER HD-580s
55   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #2 - 01/26/12 at 00:18:55

The weird thing to me is that Steve made that comment to FireBlade about the amp needing power treatment, and Steve NOT therefore adding that OC2 stage of tube regulation.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #3 - 01/26/12 at 01:39:02

I think it is curious, indeed.  I guess he wants to have the product range balanced.  Having sonically updated the Integrated through Lucid Mode and some tweaks, the pricier Mini justifies the extra investment by including tube voltage regulation and rectification.

This means the tube rectification definitely won't be part of the .3 either.  In fact, I think a new product line will be developed soon, with tube regulation and rectification as well as Lucid Mode, and probably some more power through selected output tubes (not EL34).

Further, I bet the reason why Steve is not including regulation this time around means the damage created on the SE34i.2+ by dirty mains may have been compensated somehow through Lucid Mode.  Although unrelated concepts, the end sound may have improved that much. Two birds with one stone (keeping the product line balanced and bringing the integrated up to par on sonic levels)  ...  Brilliant!

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #4 - 01/26/12 at 01:51:14

Oh, regarding a name for the Integrated, I thought it had a name: Zen Triode Integrated.

We should suggest a name for the upcoming, next logical step (as described earlier) ...  Zen Super Triode!

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #5 - 01/26/12 at 01:58:35

Wait a minute ..  that's an oxymoron: Zen is tops, can't be also super,  so what about: Zen Bi Triode!  ;D

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 01/26/12 at 03:07:58

I actually am not a big fan of the names on these amps, always seems a bit weird and "hypey" to me, so I'll just continue to call it the Integrated.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #7 - 01/26/12 at 03:10:31

Fireblade, it's still just speculation. All that we know so far is that there's the Lucid mode in the upcoming Integrated. There still could be tube regulation or tube rectification, I admit without a price increase it seems unlikely, but I'm not comfortable making these sort of assumptions on a few posts from Steve.

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #8 - 01/26/12 at 04:01:46

I don't know why it wouldn't have tube rectification like the current version does.

55   IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #9 - 01/26/12 at 11:02:01

I did not know that the SE34i.2+ had tube rectification already (I thought it had SS rectification), my mistake.  

I still think the Lucid Mode plus tweaking (fine-tunning) is about what you can offer at that price.  Otherwise, you would be displacing the Mini Torii (which BTW, is a 2.5 years old design, who nows?).

Lon, of course this is all speculation. Part of the strategy on Steve's part is to promote interest in the new product by building up expectations.  Incomplete information on such a high-tone announcement naturally induces anticipation and speculation.

My 2 cents worth ...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #10 - 01/26/12 at 11:59:34

Jim, duh, I was confused, having dealt with my SE34 Monoblocks for a fw days I guess, of course it ships with those goshawful Rubys. Smiley I'm still hoping that the new machine will have a voltage regulation stage, that would really be a plus, especially since the person dissing it's "graininess" is Steve himself.

FB, I really hate speculation, having been forced in my work to communicate as exactly as possible, and having been married to a wonderful wife whose mind would never shut off, spinning possibility after possibility etc. into a mosaic of confusion. It really bugs me a bit to speculate about specifications. I'll get over it.

Here's hoping we have some more news soon!

IP Logged
Rivieraranch
Seasoned Member

Reply #11 - 01/26/12 at 13:20:15

Maybe Steve will harvest the grain(iness) from the new version.

55   IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #12 - 01/26/12 at 14:15:18

I'm sure he'll address it. (Laughed hard at the good pun).

Enough speculation from me!

I'm glad the machine is coming back, it's a great one.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print