Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 09:35:01 

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Compounded Mini Torii/MD945's break-in (Read 42411 times)
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Re: Compounded Mini Torii/MD945's break-in
Reply #50 - 01/17/12 at 22:02:56

Sorry I meant Computer Audiofile (forum member of).  I also belong to AK though.  Cheers,

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
will
Seasoned Member

Reply #51 - 01/19/12 at 02:21:58

Yes I agree with critical listening with the Streamer after the Decware gear is broken in. It is possible that some of the analytical edginess could be from your current gear, and/or possibly the USB cable you use.... It will be cool to see what you hear with the Decware. I think it will up your audio pleasure immensely. The 6moons review DAC comparisons to yours are impressive indeed!

So I would say wait and see. The Zstage can definitely smooth edges, assist in nice harmonics, and modify the sound signature, the one tube being a very powerful voicing tool. And you can change the sound with power and IC cables too. But it is absolutely impossible for me to know how to compare your DAC to the ZDAC and Tranquility. I can say that neither have a brittle edge to me, and both do a very good job of the maker's interpretation of analog sound. They sound natural in my system, the Tranquility having an edge in inner and micro detail that offers an amazing ability to feel all the textures and nuance of the sounds of an instrument, and how the instrument sits in space. But the ZDAC has its pluses as well, being very defined in the midrange and bass, and carrying the emotion of the playing in a very good, and for me indescribable way.

If you get after the Zstage, I would be sure to call Steve before you order to be sure there are no issues similar to what Rivieraranch experienced  with the CSP and the Mini Torii.

All Modified: Balanced Transformer-DIY Strip/Shunyata Defender-RevolutionMacMini/Amarra-KTE Singxer/Gustardx20pro-ZBIT-CSP3-OldChen 300B/845, Torii IV, Simple Wave 300B-HR1/SVS Micro3000sub-Pi PCs-DIY PCs, ICs, USB, I2S, Speaker-SR and aluminum w ball bearing feet
  IP Logged
Fireblade
Seasoned Member

Knowledge comes, but
wisdom lingers.
A.L.Tennyson

Reply #52 - 01/19/12 at 02:49:29

Loud and clear will, agreed.  Btw, the USB cable I'm using is an Audioquest  Forest (Green.)  

Yes, the Mini Torii with it's sensitive input gain stage may require a different approach if used with the ZStage.  Only Steve may provide a clue here, but I believe it is an important option nevertheless.

I'm still working on the comparo between FLAC and WAV using my system.  As differences were not that evident using laptop headphones, I'm waiting for the opportunity of listening late at night, so I can concentrate more.

I'll keep you posted, although we already agreed the real test will be with the Decware setup in place.  Thanks so much for your valuable comments.

Toshiba-Foobar2K-ASIO Direct-WD 2.0Tb HDD-Schiit USB cable-Schiit Yggdrasil DAC-Decware Silver Ref IC's-Decware Mini Torii SE-8PR Kimber Kable spkr cbls-Decware DM945's-Tekton Lore 2-Velodyne DLS 3500 SUB-BJC SUB Cbls-Tripp Lite 500 Isolation Trnsf-Jellyfish S
  IP Logged
TubeNut
Verified Member

Bliss is..playing
Lp's through my Mini
Torii :D

Reply #53 - 06/25/13 at 04:35:05

I believe Cool Edit Pro v2.0 which is now called Adobe Audition will batch process WAV files from a CD at 44100 at 16 or 32 bit depth. It's been awhile since I've used it so I could be wrong...It'll also batch process WAV files into MP3 as well with several different levels of quality using the Fraunhofer codec.

'65 Fisher FM-100C Tuner-Linn Sondek LP12 TT w/Origin Live Silver Tonearm & Ortofon X5-MC Cartridge-Decware Mini Torii II-Anti-Cable IC's & Speaker cables-VH Audio Flavor #2 Power Cord-1975 Altec-Lansing Model 874A Segovia speakers-1974 Marantz Imperial 6G speaker
  IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print