Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/29/24 at 12:55:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Has anyone tried a TRL Dude with their Torii? (Read 6728 times)
Gopher
Ex Member

Has anyone tried a TRL Dude with their Torii?
12/21/11 at 18:30:54

I have a nicely modified Audion Premiere preamp which I enjoy a lot with my Torii, but a friend who recently purchased a Dude and has spent time with my Torii has me wondering about the pairing.

Has anyone put the two together?  

I plan on trying to listen to the combo early in the New Year, but I'm leaving the country tomorrow...  any speculations?

I thought the Shindo Auregies would be an amazing match but was disappointed there.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Has anyone tried a TRL Dude with their Torii?
Reply #1 - 12/21/11 at 19:02:04

Have you ever tried a CSP2?  Mine works very well with the Torii Mk III. I'm not using one now because my PS Audio PerfectWave DAC works very well as a preamp, but with other sources the CSP2 was a real winner.  I use it now with my DEC685 and Torii Mk II.

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Gopher
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/25/11 at 16:39:38

No, I never did.  I've got an Audion Preamp which is excellent with it and am just curious on the pairing after reading things about the Dude like it replacing Shindo V.R.s

I'll probably just try my buddy's to cure my curiosity.

IP Logged
walt
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 12/26/11 at 05:02:07

I had never heard of TRL until I read this post and checked on there website.  They may be the best thing since sliced bread but they have NO description of there products, except for prices, whatsoever to allow me even be interested.  Beside the fact the prices are in the Lamm league and I cannot afford silly money anymore on this hobby.  Decware and my Torii III has spoiled me.

IP Logged
Gopher
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/03/12 at 03:16:36

Yes, it is on the spendy side and their site definitely sucks, but the user feedback is what intrigued me.

I'll eventually listen to it--may have my buddy lug it over in the next couple of weeks, but I elected to try a different loudspeaker first.  I love my current speakers and my synergy is great, but with recent changes to my living/listening room, the placement is just a bit off.

That said, just as the Torii can be a destination amp, I suspect (from what I've read) the preamp could be too.

IP Logged
Pale Rider
Seasoned Member

Reply #5 - 01/03/12 at 04:59:57

I know nothing about them, but "the Dude"? Really? Would love to hear that stuff, especially their 6-channel preamp which, at $25,000, is only 7 times as much as much as an Ultra. Need to show this to my wife, to help prove, undeniably, just how prudent I was with our system. Wink

1: PS Audio DirectStream | BHK Preamp & Monoblocks | Legacy Audio Aeris
2: MSB Select II | Custom T2 & Mjolnir Carbon CC | Stax SR-009 & 007
3: Lumin A1 | HeadAmp GS-X mk2 |Meze Empyrean & HEDDphone
4. Schiit Vidar | RAAL Requisite SR1a
  IP Logged
Gopher
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 01/04/12 at 03:49:16

lol.  Yes, thats uber gear, but I was only really referring to the  $4k hand built in america preamp as a potential mate to the $3k amp we all love.

My buddy is prolly bringing his Dude over this Saturday anyway, so I'l let you guys know how it works out.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print