Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Port scaling (Read 7941 times)
glenneaux
Verified Member

Port scaling
07/28/11 at 23:50:05

Hi everyone

I've just built my first HWK12 (cnc routed the panels at least...) which will house 2 Alpine Type-X 12's, so should be fun.

One last problem i've got is the port. Obviously the HWK15 is designed for a 6" port, 8" long. When scaling we end up with a 4.8" dia port, which obviously doesnt exist...

I had the choice to roll some aluminium and create the correct port, but would prefer to use the 6" pipe, and i have read that it is possible to alter the length of a 6" pipe to create the "4.8" port...

How do we go about calculating the length ??? Port size calculators ask for volumes and tuning frequencies, but i'm guessing the HWK isnt a simple affair in that respect....

So what do us "Scalers" do?

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Re: Port scaling
Reply #1 - 08/08/11 at 14:28:41

I sent you a PM with the port dims that are recommended for different size HWKs. Let me know if you need more info.

HT-EXT

" I TRY TO THINK BUT NUT'EN HAPPENS! " CURLY
  IP Logged
glenneaux
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 08/16/11 at 00:34:44

Hi There,

Thanks very much for your response, however, it seems to have gotten cut off ? The HWK12 info is missing!

So far the box is built but currently just standing around with 2x alpine dd-drive 12's in it with question marks about the ports!

I'm thinking to fit it in my car (even temporarily) i'm going to have to cut a new front panel and put the "top" port in it because its too wide to fit in the backseat of my car! (mk4 supra)

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Reply #3 - 08/16/11 at 16:47:46

So the PM I sent did not have all the info you needed ???

HT-EXT

IP Logged
glenneaux
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 08/17/11 at 00:19:37

HT-EXT:

Thanks mate, Yeah the first PM must have been cut off. 2nd PM seems complete and definately gives me something to work with!

Just another query, can I put the top port in the front (with the other 2 ports) so as it fits in my car?

Cheers,
Glenn

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Reply #5 - 08/18/11 at 19:31:36

I think you can get away with that. There are some old post on this matter and I am pretty sure someone has already tried it. Let me know how it turns out.

HT-EXT

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Reply #6 - 08/18/11 at 19:32:00

I think you can get away with that. There are some old post on this matter and I am pretty sure someone has already tried it. Let me know how it turns out.

HT-EXT

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print