03/19/24 at 12:42:29 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
2m lengths available? (Read 3438 times)
DougK
Seasoned Member

2m lengths available?
05/26/11 at 13:53:02

I'm interested in the Decware interconnects, but just can't have my equipment close enough that 1m is a long enough cable.  Are 2m versions available?

I was actually quite surprised to see that 2m versions were not available, especially with scome units like the Torii that have the left and right input jack separated by a significant length.  Placing my CD player next to the Torii isn't possible in my setup unless I have a cable longer than 1m.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: 2m lengths available?
Reply #1 - 05/26/11 at 14:14:06

I think you'll find that Decware can only supply a 2 meter pair using the former wire they used to use in their interconnects, which while very good is not as good as the Reference. The Reference wire they seem unable to receive in 2 meter lengths.

I also needed a 2 meter cable for my DVR to be fed into the CSP2 or ZBox. I looked around and sought some recommendations and found this silver cable from Audioquest available for 105 dollars in 2 meter length. I have to say it's a very good cable, coming very close to the Decware "sound". . . maybe a tad warmer. Maybe not. I can't decide, it's really hard to hear significant differences between them. May be just the thing. . . .

http://hcmaudio.com/comp.asp?compID=1343

HR-1,ZTPRE,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod,Taboo MkIV;Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD,P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls,Reference spkrcbls;Mapleshade SamsonV3;VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones:Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: 2m lengths available?
Reply #2 - 05/28/11 at 04:28:33

I could do 2 meter cables and would sell a lot of them, however they have a higher capacitance and with some amplifiers could roll the highs.  If you look at the litz construction of the cables the flat silver ribbon if unwound would be around 10 feet long in our 1 meter cable.  2 meters would make it 20 feet.

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print