05/05/24 at 03:02:25 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
LP to CD (Read 3441 times)
Rollin
Verified Member

LP to CD
01/29/11 at 22:40:25

Until Steve gets his service going any recommendations for LP to CD services? Audiophile level as well as just quality services at a reasonable price as I'm going to be helping mother move some of her favorite records to CD's.

Thanks in advance

-- Decware Torii #14 --
Speakers:Turning Point Audio HR-ONE's in Red
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: LP to CD
Reply #1 - 01/30/11 at 05:00:34

I was under the impression that Steve WAS in business now.

Are any of the records your mom wants on cdr. . . on cd?  I imagine you've checked, but they'd be a lot cheaper to buy.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Rollin
Verified Member

Reply #2 - 01/31/11 at 06:06:33

This is only thread/post I have seen on Decware doing it and see no mention of the service up and running:
https://www.decware.com/cgi-bin/yabb22/YaBB.pl?num=1286508790

Did I miss the order form?

-- Decware Torii #14 --
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 01/31/11 at 15:11:35

Rollin,

I guess I had just made an assumption it was up and running. I guess only Steve will have to most recent info. I've been thinking about sending him the two lp set of "Bitches Brew" that came with the most recent "Anniversary" box set. . . I may do it yet.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Rollin
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 02/03/11 at 06:55:09

Wish you were correct. When it gets going wonder if there is a way to organize group rips and make it more efficient, and maybe save a bit:
Something where Decware can rip it once and post for download and set up a way for those that can prove ownership of a copy of the original (to stay copy write legal) then can make payment and access the files, thereby saving Steve time, and us shipping, etc.

-- Decware Torii #14 --
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print