Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 23:29:24 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Vinyl Playback On Decware Equipment? (Read 2805 times)
dxp100
Ex Member

Vinyl Playback On Decware Equipment?
08/31/10 at 21:21:15

I'm curious to know what turntable, tonearm, cartridge, phono stage your using on Decware equipment?

Why did you choose such? Any specialized combinations that mate better with Decware equipment?

IP Logged
BLFST

Re: Vinyl Playback On Decware Equipment?
Reply #1 - 09/01/10 at 01:54:55

dxp100,

Can,t be too specific in answering part of your questions, but I can tell what I am using.

Prior to purchasing a Torrii II, I was using a MusicHall MMF5.1 with stock tonearm and utilizing the Goldring 1042 MM cartridge (upgrade from the stock Goldring).  When I purchased the my amp, I also ordered the Decware phono stage (my old amp had a build in phono stage).

I can't speak highly enouph about this combo.  It has all the bass and power that I could ever hope for.  The bass, while not as deep as my previous amps, is of much better quality.  I can hear much more detail in the bass than I ever had previously.  Just a note, I also utilize Decwares HDT speakers.

Sorry that I can't help on specialized combos, or with other turntables other than what I have.  

I listen to vinyl playback probably for 70 to 80 percent of the time, listening to CD for the remainder.  I defiantely prefer my vinyl listening sessions to that of CD.  

Hope this helps.

bill f

IP Logged
Rap
Ex Member

Re: Vinyl Playback On Decware Equipment?
Reply #2 - 09/02/10 at 09:34:40

Hi,
I'm using a Lenco Gl88 with a Sme 3009 ii and Kontrapunkt b connected to a Whesttwo phono stage and a Lenco Professional arm P77 with a nude Dl103 through a Musical Fidelity V3. (two arm player)

As for choosing, I don't like using step-up transformers but prefer MC cartridges so solid-state phono-amps are a must (fewer interconnects as well).
One arm is for medium compliance(SME) and the other (P77) for low/medium compliance carts (sometimes run a GE rpx for 78's) I guess I want a TT that can play anything.

These are connected via a passive-pre buffered with a Musical Fidelity buffer to a pair of mono'ed selects into HDT's MAC wires through out.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print