Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
03/28/24 at 12:47:42 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Panwar System -- Source Missing --- Source CPU (Read 7147 times)
mpanwar
Verified Member

Panwar System -- Source Missing --- Source CPU
07/21/10 at 11:50:10

Panwar (loud) system.
Use primarily the Carver M4.0 T amp. But for some Jazz switch to the Manley Stingray and other times the Conrad Johnson MF200.

Source is all PC with a Musicland Digital Times PCI Digital Card (SPDIF only). This card can send out anything up to 24/192 so it makes a good combo for the ZDAC.  Use either foobar2000 or Media Monkey.

Oh Yeah I do have a Zen Select but that is elsewhere ... will have to post pics of that too eventually... that is the Panwar (Zen) System !!

IP Logged
Sysygy
Ex Member

Re: Panwar System -- Source Missing --- Source CPU
Reply #1 - 07/22/10 at 07:56:18

I have a Stingray and a Zen Select too.  :D

IP Logged
Doorman
Seasoned Member

"pouring from
the empty into the
void"

Reply #2 - 07/22/10 at 15:42:27

If that's a MF tube buffer in the pic. what are your impressions?
I had one, briefly, and couldn't hear any difference at all, which seemed to be the general consensus among my friends. Maybe it was just my (then) system!?
Best, Don

Decware, Rega, Heybrook/Linn/Ortofon
Goertz/Wireworld/cat-5/MarkAudio Alpair 10.2 drivers
(eN) in DIY Mar-Ken cabs
NHT SB3’s
  IP Logged
mpanwar
Verified Member

Reply #3 - 07/22/10 at 19:42:53

It is a toss up. I have had it for a long time and used it when I used to have a 16bit DAC (PS Audio). It really helped with that. Then I put it away for a few years and brought it back out last year. I of course have always opened it up and put in better tubes ... not sure what it is spec'd for but I put in some nice Electro Harmonix or something. Yes I had to cut the front led wire but that is fine...   onto the sound..

It does at least for me gives me better and more distinct treble and mids. I have not disconnected it from the ZDAC yet .. (my ZDAC only arrived two days ago so it is still undergoing a burn in to speak )..

All in all here is why I use it:

The signal from the ZDAC goes into this and to the pre-amp below.

BUT it also goes to a different system which is about 50ft .. yes 50ft away. This thing the MF Tube Buffer (X10D) is able to deliver.

IP Logged
mpanwar
Verified Member

Reply #4 - 08/24/10 at 11:31:45

Hum no one else is posting pics. Ok here is where the Zen goes. Mainly plays jazz and other vocals. But occasionally I will put in some rock from the 70's too.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print