Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/18/24 at 18:19:31 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Customer Supplied Parts for Decware Kits (Read 3993 times)
Hank
Verified Member

Customer Supplied Parts for Decware Kits
04/18/10 at 22:58:43

With the ZKIT1, what does the customer have provide and/or purchase?

I have no fear about putting the circuit board together.  I've assembled many point-to-point kits...EICO, DYNAKIT, Heathkit, solid state kits and the last one a tube amp...K12G kit from S5 Electronics just last month.  All worked the moment a fed a little electricity to them.  Ah, one Heathkit failed because of a bad power output transistor.

Silly as it seems, the wood mount for this kit will be the biggest problem.  I have next to zero woodworking tools save a hand drill and horrible hand jigsaw.

oh, well.... Smiley

Regards,
Hank

Decware SE84DIY amp; TABOO; CSP2; ZenHead; Mini TORII SE-X; SE84CKC SuperZen
Visonik HIFI DD-8300 Turntable; Bellari Tube Phono Preamp; Technics SL-PD5 CD Player
Trapezium Desktop Speakers; Tekton 8.1en Speakers; Grado SR60i phones
  IP Logged
mike_gagne
Ex Member

Re: Customer Supplied Parts for Decware Kits
Reply #1 - 04/19/10 at 03:28:11

Hank, quite a few wood dealers (home centers, hardwares stores, even exotic wood merchants) will sell you small pieces or cut them for you. Just ask them. Most will be happy to take care of a customer and sell you the sandpaper you need for the finishing. If you know any cabinet shops they have scrap that they toss out that would surely do the job.  Good luck!     mike

IP Logged
Hank
Verified Member

Re: Customer Supplied Parts for Decware Kits
Reply #2 - 04/19/10 at 04:47:33

Hi, Mike

What size board would you say is needed to fit the PCB and the transformers as shown in the PDF's?

Hank

Decware SE84DIY amp; TABOO; CSP2; ZenHead; Mini TORII SE-X; SE84CKC SuperZen
Visonik HIFI DD-8300 Turntable; Bellari Tube Phono Preamp; Technics SL-PD5 CD Player
Trapezium Desktop Speakers; Tekton 8.1en Speakers; Grado SR60i phones
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print