Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 21:02:34 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hello again, Surround sound question (Read 2251 times)
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Hello again, Surround sound question
04/04/10 at 09:16:40

Hi, I have not been here in a while.  I have been busy with school, but decided to take a break for a quarter.

My question:

I am trying to hook up a surround sound system for my computer.  I do not have a surround sound system actually, but a collection of home made, and salvaged speakers with built in amplification.  

What I need to know is what I need to do in order to have a center/sub output control the center and sub separately.  I have tried to splice the red, white, and ground wires from the headphone jack style plug for a pair of logitec computer speakers with an RCA style cord which is plugged into the sub.  

The result is less than satisfactory since I only get sound from one Logitec speaker, the right one in fact.  I do get sound in the sub, but what should I do to get sound from both Logitec speakers?  Is there a way to do this? Is the sound card just running it as if it were all MONO?

Thanks for any input.

HD  

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
HellionDarklord
Seasoned Member

Crazy box designer.

Re: Hello again, Surround sound question
Reply #1 - 04/04/10 at 12:05:40

YAY!!! I got it figured out!!! it is MONO, but uses a stereo headphone jack. The positive for what would be the right hand side of a headphone set is used for the sub channel while the positive for the left becomes the positive for the center. The ground only has one wire and goes to both the sub and "center".  (in my case, the center happens to be two speakers.)

Hope this is helpful to someone in the future. MAN it's been a long time since I had any time for audio stuff.!

TTYL

Dunno what amp to buy
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print