Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 01:11:43 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Sonic signature of the integrated? (Read 5228 times)
magritte
Ex Member

Sonic signature of the integrated?
03/26/10 at 20:32:41

Greetings all, I'm new here.  I had a question about the Zen integrated...several reviews I've seen have described the Decware amps are rather unforgiving of sources...if one doesn't have a top-of-the-line set of digital or vinyl players, how would the integrated fare?  Also if one listens to material that is not, ahem, of strict audiophile quality?  Thanks for your time and consideration.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Sonic signature of the integrated?
Reply #1 - 03/27/10 at 00:38:47

Magrite,

Welcome!

In my experience the Integrated may be THE Decware amp to get to listen to "not the best sources."

It is relatively forgiving (in comparison to say the C amps, or even the Toriis.)  The treble cut circuit that Steve includes REALLY WORKS at getting a sound that avoids the glare and grit of not the best digital sources.  You also have flexibility with the bias switch that allows you to beef up thin sounds a bit and get some color into thick and dark material.

This is a VERY well-thought-out and versatile amplifier.  Doesn't need a preamp, allows you a pretty good choice of speakers and gets to the good sounding heart of recordings.  You can really bond with this amp.  I've not fired mine up in a few weeks and yesterday I realized I sort of miss it!

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
magritte
Ex Member

Re: Sonic signature of the integrated?
Reply #2 - 03/27/10 at 02:18:56

Lon - thanks for your response!  :)

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print