Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
speaker - amp match (Read 321 times)
agustinf
Verified Member

speaker - amp match
03/08/10 at 13:41:31

Hi,

I know there´s a recommended speaker list to match Decware amps, and there´re a fine Decware speakers. I nevertheless wanted to know about your own attemps in matching two Dec amps, if you´re so kind to share them here.

1. Torii III
2. SE34I.2

Best
Agustín

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: speaker - amp match
Reply #1 - 03/08/10 at 14:04:05

I have both these amps.  I've used them with two sets of speakers, the Radial R2s and the IT Radials (you won't find that speaker on this website, it's a Bob Zeigler product).

Both amps work well with these speakers.  If you have a small room and don't need to blast your music, the Integrated will work well with most speakers about 91db efficient and above if there are no complex crossovers to drain a lot of oomph.  The Mark III will allow you to get larger sound levels from the same speakers, and will drive many sets of speakers well.  The Integrated will be just a tad more "laid back" but otherwise the two amps share a rather spectacular clear and involving sound character.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
agustinf
Verified Member

Re: speaker - amp match
Reply #2 - 03/10/10 at 04:28:15

Thanks Lon!

Best
Agustín

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print