Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/05/24 at 03:37:46 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Please Help, Need 3 Zone System for Restaurant (Read 4127 times)
Parker
Verified Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Please Help, Need 3 Zone System for Restaurant
12/15/09 at 07:30:21

Hello All,

I'm helping my dad with the stereo system at his new restaurant and I can't figure out the most efficient way to do this.

Here are the basics: 3 zones (so six channels of amplification)

1= Bar
2= Dining Area
3= Outside

There will be at least 2 sources but probably 3

Source A: iPod
Source B: Sat/TV
Source C: DVD/BluRay

The main goal would be to have each zone on a separate volume control and input selection. That way some people at the bar could be watching the sports games and people outside could have some nice ambiance music.

So I was thinking a combination of zboxes (or kits) and those rotary switch boxes. But I've drawn the thing out and I wind up with such a mess.

Anyone have simple ideas for this. Decware and other product included.

I could probably spring for the zboxes or kits and the rotary selectors but I can't justify putting three Decware amps in a restaurant Embarrassed

Any help is appreciated!

Parker

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Please Help, Need 3 Zone System for Restaurant
Reply #1 - 12/15/09 at 14:12:50

Parker, no offense to other posters, but your best help would be from Steve directly.

If you're going to have three zones, three sources, three sets of speakers, I don't see any way of getting around having three amplifiers.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Parker
Verified Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #2 - 12/15/09 at 21:32:41

Hey Lon,

Yep probably. It's not that I was trying to figure a way around three amps just trying to make it as clean as possible.

Right now I have it drawn out as 3 rotary switch boxes, 3 zboxes, 6 channels of amplification, and 15 rca connections.

Maybe there is an easier way...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 12/15/09 at 22:08:53

I heard word about Steve and a six channel home theater amp. . . a prototype. . . mentioned somewhere on the board.

Maybe he could help you out there?

Also, note that Steve can put a toggle switch and two inputs in a ZBox. . .I have one.  Zboxes don't always make the best volume controls due to impedance changes. . . . Steve used to make a simpler, cheaper line stage buffer amp that may be still custom available?

Anyway I think your best bet is to contact Steve, or DeVon.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/16/09 at 01:47:50

Obviously, it mostly depends upon the quality of reproduction expected.

Another concern might be whether or not all three zones are always playing at the same time or if one zone will see one source and a second zone will be required to see a second source.

If all zones play simultaneously, you are OK with solid state amplification, only one source will be used for all zones simultaneously, then almost any modern 7.1 receiver will work.

The hang-up will be if you need separate sources in each zone. This set of needs is not so turn-key to accomplish and could require an engineer, as Lon mentioned.

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print