Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
05/04/24 at 22:08:15 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Decware Customer Service! (Read 21829 times)
nsj
Ex Member

Decware Customer Service!
12/14/09 at 22:59:42

Hello All,

I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to share this, but, I am simply amazed at Decware's level of customer service.

Today I sent an email to "Zygi" regarding a revision to the ERR speakers that I ordered on December 5. I inquired as to whether the speakers might be available in a single shade of Cherry, in lieu of the rainbow effect of different shades of cherry shown on the website.

Literally, within minutes, I received a reply from Zygi, both here on the forum and via email "No problem, we do it whenever asked to".

I am simply amazed by Decware!

nsj

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Decware Customer Service!
Reply #1 - 12/14/09 at 23:14:42

I bet nearly all of us here have been amazed one time or another by Decware's level of customer service.

Whether DeVon or Sarah, Steve or Bob, you get the best.

I've bothered Bob so much in fact. . . that I consider him a friend. Smiley

It's one of a long list of reasons we're return customers.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
nsj
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 12/14/09 at 23:22:44

Hey Lon,

If Decware's product is half as good as its customer service (I am betting that it is), they have found another serious fan! My Torii Mk2 should be shipping soon...

nsj

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 12/14/09 at 23:31:26

Great news! Hope Bob can get the ERRs to you soon enough.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
nsj
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 12/14/09 at 23:42:03

Lon,

I know that the speakers have a 6-8 week delivery window, so I am not realistically expecting them until mid-January   Cry

However, the split delivery of amp/speakers and eventual ZCD-200i will give me an opportunity to see how each piece of equipment changes the sound of my system...at least that is how I am attempting to convince myself that this is a good thing.

nsj

IP Logged
Jason

Reply #5 - 12/15/09 at 05:24:10

This is a good thing.
Rest assured that the the big Torii whether a MK II or MK III will not dissapoint you.  
I'd love to be able to hear mine with the ERR's but right now I'm loving mine with the HDT's.

I can can also tell you you than the the ZCD sounds fabulous in front of the Torii.  

I briefly read the other thead regarding your decisions on gear to acquire with a 4K budget.   In order of preference, my experience would say #1 Torii...  #2 Speakers either HDT or ERR's....  #3 ZCD or a $1000+ DAC for a source.  As far as speakers go, with the HDT's you NEED a good source.  I'd still love to have a set of ERR's tho....

Don't worry about a CSP....  I don't think you'll need it it with this combo.  I'd be more inclined to upgrade from here with with a ZP3 phono stage and experience the true world of vinyl   Wink

Cheers

Jason

IP Logged
Parker
Verified Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #6 - 12/15/09 at 07:22:01

nsj

I totally agree!

And now I get to rub in the fact I'm listening to my Tori II right now and I heard my ERR's shipped a few days ago Smiley

You'll love your stuff I'm sure of it.

Remember my warning...break in "warm up" "burn in" whatever you want to call it actually happens with Decware gear and it is so obvious that you'll wonder why other people say "burn in" doesn't exist.

With much of my solid state gear I've thought that was true but not with tube stuff.

Have a good night!

Parker

IP Logged
nsj
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 12/15/09 at 15:41:50

Jason,

Thanks for your thoughts. The Torii Mk2 / ERR / new ZCD-200i (when available) combination will undoubtedly keep me happy for a long time.

Parker,

Good point. The amp is used, but, the speakers will need time to settle in. It will all be new to me, so a real eye-opener! I think that I will contact the seller of the amp to see how many hours it has on it...

IP Logged
nsj
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 12/15/09 at 15:44:58

P.S. Jason, I agree about the vinyl. My next purchase would be a phono stage and turntable. I have a lot of vinyl from my youth that I would love to experience through tubes.

Best,

nsj

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #9 - 12/15/09 at 16:12:23

It might be cheaper just to buy cd versions of the vinyl! Smiley

IP Logged
nsj
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12/15/09 at 17:20:44

Lon,

It might be, but, I'm not sure that I could find all of my old vinyl on cd...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #11 - 12/15/09 at 19:05:28

You'd be surprised. Let me know if I can help.  I spend hours a week looking for cds online. Smiley

IP Logged
nsj
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 12/15/09 at 20:53:05

Lon,

I appreciate that offer! I have over 200 lp's that I would need to replace, so even at $10/cd the cost would be far in excess of what I would plan to spend on a vinyl source. The Project turntable with built-in phono stage that I was looking at is $500. I'm definitely not looking at a super high-end turntable.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #13 - 12/15/09 at 22:12:12

Okay.

I buy lots of used cds and more often pay less than 10 dollars for a cd than pay 10 dollars or more.

I know where you're coming from.  I dabbled in a vinyl AND cd system and found that if I "maximize" a system for one, it is rather unsuited for the other. . . and so I just went with what I have more of, which is definitely cd, and centered my system around that. But maybe you'll have a much easier time of it. You're definitely doing some things very right the first time (Torii and ERR!) (I'm less a fan of the ZCD).

IP Logged
nsj
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 12/15/09 at 22:16:10

Lon,

Let's face it, I lucked out on doing it right the first time, thanks to your and other's sound (pun intended) advice.

In terms of a combo cd/ipod dock, I'm not sure where to turn other than the ZCD...

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #15 - 12/16/09 at 01:02:42

Well yeah.  I don't think of an iPod as a "main listening device."  I use mine in the bedroom occasionally and when traveling or taking walks. I have so many cds that I listen to instead in the main rig.

You could use one of these:

http://www.musicdirect.com/product/82178?gclid=CN2X66Dh2Z4CFQIhDQoduzKVMA

It could feed a DAC and you could use a transport for cds that feed the same dvd if you pick the one with the right inputs. Smiley  The ZCDi might be cheaper.

IP Logged
Jason

Reply #16 - 12/16/09 at 15:10:29

Seeing as the ZCD plays mp3 disks, wouldn't an ipod dock just be redundant?

Jason

IP Logged
nsj
Ex Member

Reply #17 - 12/16/09 at 15:23:33

Lon/Jason,

My understanding is that the ZCD only plays one cd at a time. Therefore, for parties the ipod dock is a desire, so I don't need to tend to the music all night. The cd player will be the primary source, the ipod dock, as in Lon's case, will only get occasional use.

nsj

IP Logged
Jason

Reply #18 - 12/16/09 at 15:41:56

nsj, I totally relate to that.  My only complaint with the ZCD is that it's a single player, because I'm so used to a 5 disk and a remote in my hand.

Jason

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #19 - 12/16/09 at 16:17:39

The other option as Jason points out is to make MP3 cds. . . which can play for about four or five hours!

I'm sure that the iPod will sound better going through the ZCDi but I really don't like sound of iPods even lossless except through the digital out (and the Wadia iTransport is so far the only machine can do that).  But that's just me.  And I have thousands of cds to play and even in the midst of gatherings I can easily get up or get someone to load another.  The quality sound is worth it.

IP Logged
nsj
Ex Member

Reply #20 - 12/16/09 at 16:23:46

Lon,

It's the time required to record the mp3's...

The ZCDi would seem to be a good compromise at least.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #21 - 12/16/09 at 16:50:14

Okay.  ZCDi has no appeal to me at all, but different strokes.

Time to record. . . if you're using iTunes or so, just drag tracks to a playlist and burn! Smiley

But anyway, I confess I'm definitely not "iPod" or "lossless file" generation and don't wan to be.

IP Logged
nsj
Ex Member

Reply #22 - 12/16/09 at 17:21:52

Lon,

Lol, I think that we are of the same generation, although, you know a lot more about this stuff than I!

Have a great day.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #23 - 12/16/09 at 18:51:31

You too, I'm listening to a great new four cd set of Ella Fitzgerald live at the Crescendo Club in Hollywood, 1961 and 1962 and trying to play along with Herb Ellis and having fun.

IP Logged
nsj
Ex Member

Reply #24 - 12/16/09 at 18:57:47

Lon,

Awesome! I am a huge jazz fan myself. Good news, I just spoke to Sarah at Decware and my Torii is shipping today!

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #25 - 12/16/09 at 19:30:42

Far out!  And so it begins!

IP Logged
Stone Deaf
Ex Member

Reply #26 - 12/17/09 at 06:27:53

Hello Lon and everyone else. Wanted to stop in and wish everyone a very happy holidays. Will be playing my Christmas music on the new Decware system this year and wowing the listeners. The UPS guy today caught me playing an album and was dumbstruck at the sight and sound. I am still tickled to death with the new system.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #27 - 12/17/09 at 14:16:31

Happy Holidays Richard!

I thought about you and glad you are enjoying yourself!

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print