05/04/24 at 22:44:32 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
gizmo (Read 6938 times)
don pettit
Ex Member

gizmo
10/31/09 at 20:56:32

hello all,  let me say that i am a newby with a zen and a csp2,  am delighted.  using audio nirvana.  but ended up with bottom end lowther ex2 pair.  interested in steve's gizmo.  seems to be perfect for treating the inherent weaknesses in the lowthers.  any reactions to my situation?  also should say that my very limited woodworking skills require me to mount these lowthers in open baffles.  cannot afford to hire a cabinet maker.  any suggestions?  thanks, don pettit[email][/email]

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: gizmo
Reply #1 - 10/31/09 at 22:40:38

I thought there was some discussion of the gizmo some time ago, but a search revealed nothing. . . .

Hope someone chimes in with help.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
don pettit
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/01/09 at 00:54:18

hi lon, looked through steve's papers on the gizmo but decided to try to obtain feedback from other sources.  like you i tried to find any mention of the gizmo here but no luck so far.  thanks for the response.still waiting.  don pettit

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 11/01/09 at 15:11:24

Hopefully Steve or Bob can help with some info.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
proud_indian
Seasoned Member

I love YaBB 1G -
SP1!

Reply #4 - 11/01/09 at 15:35:27

I use Lowthers and Steve suggested the ex mod to the gizmo. Since I have 8 ohms, I replaced the OPT on the amp to handle it. I think you will have to do the same.

shreekant Smiley

Oppo, hdd,84c, pm6a, cd200, foreplay lll, zbox, bottlehead sex amp, zob, various stuff that make up two systems
WWW   IP Logged
don pettit
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/01/09 at 15:51:41

howdy, thanks for the response!  now what is an ex mod? cost? does it require a trip to the vet(steve)?  what is opt? cost, etc?  thanks, don pettit

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #6 - 11/01/09 at 15:59:52

Don,

Ex Mod is on the master catalog page, down below the highlighted ERR speaekrs.

https://www.decware.com/newsite/mastercatalog.html

I can't get this page to stay open, it opens and then quickly moves back to the catalog page. Perhaps you'll have better luck with your computer and browser.

Steve's paper: https://www.decware.com/paper52.htm

IP Logged
mike_gagne
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/01/09 at 20:00:03

Lon, My Safari browser on Mac Powerbook only flashes it open for a couple seconds also. Looks like a site problem.    mike

IP Logged
don pettit
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 11/01/09 at 20:22:03

hi again folks and thanks for the help.  think i know when i am whipped.  at least the household boss tells me i am.  so the lowthers are for sale. $550. less than half of retail. new never used. only one has bee taken out of the package.  bought on audiogon. excellent seller. i paid $621. one half paypal and shipping. will now attempt to go to classified.  don pettit

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print