05/05/24 at 03:48:00 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Headphone options (Read 2926 times)
rmt
Seasoned Member

Headphone options
10/28/09 at 23:41:18

I listen to a lot of CDs from my disc drive for hours at a time while at work.  I need comfortable new headphones and I don't need to hear what is going on around me.  I will seldom if ever use them with my decware gear.   Any recommendations for a set in the $100 +/- range?

Select, CSP2 upgrade, Dec 685, DSRii, Nibbelin NFX w/DFR-8s, SE34.I, Zbox
  IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: Headphone options
Reply #1 - 10/28/09 at 23:47:00

I use these mainly with my iPod and I love them.  Clear and spacious sounding.  Once you get them adjusted and used to them, pretty comfortable.

B and O A8 earphones

http://www1.epinions.com/review/elec-Audio-Headphones-All-B_O_A8_Earphones/conte...

When I bought them they were about 120. . . I see they may have gone up.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
DPC
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 10/29/09 at 00:42:37

B and O stuff always looks so cool!

dennis

IP Logged
lightmaster

life is too short
for bad hifi.
Really!

Reply #3 - 10/29/09 at 01:13:59

at your price point and for a sealed design:

Sennheiser HD 448, clear with punch and vibrancy

open design: NOTHING beats the Grado Sr60i at around 70 dollars, more refined mid and hi frq than HD 448, not as comfortable, bass clean and fast but a little weak compared to HD448

the best headphone at a great value (at 250 dollars)

Beyerdynamic DT 990!
all a different class, fast. clean, detailed, with punch and infinite finesse, amazing at the price (plus the most comfortable headphones I EVER had)

best ever bargain at 20! dollars Koss KSC 75, a "reduced version" of the Beyerdynamic DT 990, similar characteristics sonically a real mystery for the price. a bit uncomfortable if you want to listen for a long time, but probably the one I use the most for occasional listening

f

“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.” Albert E.
WWW lightmaster   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print