Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
the wicked one (Read 5980 times)
ftlmusic
Ex Member

the wicked one
10/31/09 at 18:22:32

hello everyone
im looking to build the wicked one but i want to do a dual 8 version. i see that the 10 inch version is 36" wide, for the dual 8" i was wondering what the width should be. Looking to use either the tangband 8" sub 350rms or the jr super 8". should i still go by 2 4 8 steps.

thanks for any help

IP Logged
HT-EXT
Seasoned Member

NYUK NYUK NYUK

Re: the wicked one
Reply #1 - 11/05/09 at 19:53:04

It can be done. I would prolly start with the 36" x 24". Then reduce the height down by 2". Please understand I am just guessing here but some of my guess work has turn out pretty good. If you go this route you will not be able to install tens on down the road if you decide you need more boom.

I know when using 12"s you simply add 2" to the height and angle the baffles. You will not haft to worry about baffle angle but ported and sealed chamber size will need to be address. Just my two cents hope it helps.

HT-EXT

" I TRY TO THINK BUT NUT'EN HAPPENS! " CURLY
  IP Logged
DirtDawg
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 02/23/10 at 13:39:27

It seems obvious to me that if you want the best performance, you will maintain the thirty six inch by thirty six inch size and only scale it down in one dimension.

The more you deviate from the original plans, the MORE your final results will also deviate from the original performance specification set.

All that said, if you can improve any existing design, then please do so and share your results. Otherwise, one must be willing and able to accept the performance compromises that will most likely result from the ensuing re-design of an enclosure.

IP Logged
jac
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/01/10 at 11:26:36

Hi I'm new here
Any advice-I have 2x 12" RF drivers and want to put them in THE WICKED ONE.Can I do that in a 36"x36" enclosure?Mainly for hometheatre use!ps RF=Rockford Fosgate

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print