05/05/24 at 05:14:21 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Torii MKIII (Read 2700 times)
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Torii MKIII
10/26/09 at 16:09:26

What is the power output of the MKIII? I see the MKII is 26 watts so just wondering if the MKIII is the same or more. Also what is it stable down to, 2 ohms? One more, what would the power compare to if it was a solid state amp.
Thanks,
John

IP Logged
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Re: Torii MKIII
Reply #1 - 10/26/09 at 17:00:05

Hi John,

The power output is basically the same as it was.  The MkIII is biased slightly higher than the MK II was so maybe a few more watts.  It is stable down to 2 ohms.  As far as comparing the power to solid state, it's kind of hard to do.  I have a TORII MK II owner who planned to replace his 250 watt Brystons that were biamping his speakers with a pair of TORII MK II's and after getting the first one he canceled his order for second claiming the second one wasn't going to be needed.

I've written an article on "usable power" that explains rather well why something like this could happen.

https://www.decware.com/newsite/paper110.htm

Steve

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
deucekazoo
Seasoned Member

Re: Torii MKIII
Reply #2 - 10/26/09 at 21:54:36

Thanks Steve, that is what I was looking for. Also good article. I always wondered what some amps meant by switching from A to AB classification. Well I am going to start saving up. By the way when will you have the web page updated with the MKIII info and pictures?
Thanks,
John

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print