05/05/24 at 07:45:23 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
RMAF 2009 (Read 3628 times)
76doublebass
Ex Member

RMAF 2009
10/08/09 at 01:41:18

I had spoke with Steve this morning and he wanted to post some comments I had about RMAF 2009  in general on the forum and my impressions.First of all I am glad I went because now I realize just how great Steves equipment really is compared to the BIG BOYS on the block..I own the ZEN 84C ,ZCD CD PLAYER with all the mods and Parker Sig. 95 speakers.
I was playing a cut from an H2 CD of Various artist. This is the first K2
made by FIM in 2007. The second cut is of a Flamingo dancer with spanish guitar.
I heard this cut on an all ESOTERIC SYSTEM costing several several thousands of dollars and it was well okay,But nothing that grabed me and over impressed me.The highs were extended a bit ethed and analytical,But the ZCD just sounded more musical to me.
I'll explain. When I got home I put the same track on my system
and something special happened. I was able to follow the movment of the dancer making long circles across the stage the dancer was stomping on. Know matter what system I palyed this on at the show you could never hear this at all.This was simply astounding from what I heard on Steves system.All I can say is WOW AND KUDOS GO TO STEVE.I am a firm follower of Steve now that is for sure.
AND FROM WHAT I HEAR THINGS WILL EVEN GET MUCH BETTER WHEN
HIS NEW DAC IS PUT IN THE MIX.
Ijust wanted to make this observation for those who are curious.
I did hear the EMM LABS XDS1 AS WELL  a 25k machine and DACS
costing almost 100K at the show as well and when I got home my system did not let me down one bit,But kept imaging locked in with deep wide space front to back and a huge wide sound stage more so then anything I heard at the RMAF.
Don C.
Cheesy

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Re: RMAF 2009
Reply #1 - 10/08/09 at 23:04:05

Don, looks as if you had a nice trip!

Thanks for the info.

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
ski bum
Seasoned Member

Reply #2 - 10/26/09 at 20:17:46

I went to RMAF this year too.  I expected to be highly impressed, but left with an even greater appreciation of my Decware based system.  I only heard a handful of systems which provided the sense of real space and contrastyness (is that a word?  seems apt for my zen's presentation) I get at home.  I did really like the GR Research stuff with the battery powered SET's, and the Peachtree/Zu system was nice too.  But there was a lot of heinous sounding, ridiculously expensive stuff vastly outnumbering the few systems which I found pleasing.  And if I never hear Diana Krall again, it will be too soon.  So called audiophiles have the worst taste in music, ever.

IP Logged
Lon
Seasoned Member

"Love without
guts is
worthless!"
Philip K. Dick

Reply #3 - 10/26/09 at 21:50:51

:)

HR-1,ZBIT,ZROCK2,SEWE300B,CSP3-25mod; Rega RP3 all GrooveTracer mods;PSAudio:PST+DSD, DAC Mk II, P15,NPC,PowerBases,AC-12 pwr cbls, Reference spkrcbls; Mapleshade SamsonV3; VooDoo:Cremona+Amati interconnects, IsoPods; headphones: Sennheiser HD800S,ZMF Ori,Oppo PM1
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print