Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/24/24 at 18:51:33 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Here is another tastey build (Read 2820 times)
Steve Deckert
Administrator

If the 1st watt
sucks why continue?

Here is another tastey build
07/15/09 at 23:20:20

Quote:
Hey Steve,

My server died tonight or I’d put the pictures up myself but… I thought you might like a shot of the finished amp. I ordered some caps for the CCE mod and a couple .1uf 600v audio grade coupling caps that I’ll stick in later but I just can’t get over how fantastic this amp sounds. My wife was getting angry at me for disappearing upstairs to my listening room for hours at a time so I had to move the amp down to the living room as it burns in lol, consequently she loves it almost as much as I do.  

I can’t wait for more info on the dac you’re working on, I’m eager to hear impressions and the price point. What do you think, will it find its way into the Zkit zone?  

I connected the SE84DIY to my Simple 5687 pre and bass response was much improved but the hum from my preamp was so much more pronounced when heard through the Zen I couldn’t stand it, but the increase in low end punch convinces me that I’m going to thank myself if I get the ZSP1 next. The transformer on my preamp is old and hums like an old crazy person… if I were to dig up a new trans and transplant it I’m sure I could eliminate the hum or greatly reduce it. Anyhow, thanks again for such an amazing amp, I hope at some point I’m able to attend a Dec Fest J.

Paul

Paul,

Looks really nice!   Too soon to tell on the DAC but by next year anything might happen.

Steve

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print