05/02/24 at 12:13:47 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
any math wiz"s here?. (Read 2604 times)
swimfanbass
Ex Member

any math wiz"s here?.
05/29/09 at 10:45:28

i want to make a box wall type reflector in my trunk "around and behind" my sub box, to act as a hatchback.

as you know the hatchback pretty much kicks every other cars booty for response etc. the cars a7th gen corolla.

is this even achievable or just to hard to get a thought around or should i pay to try this idea?. i have 1200 peak watts-600 rms and i still cant get the response i had with the hatchbacks 280 rms. Undecided my bass is going to high... ts hitting the windshiled top. i wanna focus it like the hatchback did. no adjusting anything box angling helped.

IP Logged
mike_gagne
Ex Member

Re: any math wiz"s here?.
Reply #1 - 06/14/09 at 18:31:33

It seems that you are wanting to create the reflecting tube or radial effect that the hatchback provided. Math would give you a start point but it seems you would still need to mock up the the interior of the car. Why not just start with some materials you could shape to try the concept and then refine it until you achieve the effect. My guess is you could find a form factor that others would appreciate if the effort is successful. Dont let the lack of math wizzes visiting the forum deter you. You may be on to some new thing..........

IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print