Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
Decware Audio Forums
04/25/24 at 10:21:15 

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Re: hello. brand new here... need some help plz. (Read 5535 times)
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Re: hello. brand new here... need some help plz.
05/10/09 at 13:55:51

Swimfanbass,

Welcome to the Decware forum!!!

If you go to the master catalog, which is on the right side of the main page, it will show you the price of the cabinets without drivers.

You can also order them with drivers installed, not sure where that price is though, you might have to call Sarah on that.

DBK-10 should give you want you want, if you might think you would want a little more and have the space, go for the DBK-212.

If you really want more,  it will require two drivers, it is sort of "horn loaded" and would need the most space,  I would  shoot for the WO.

BobZ

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Dirty_Dawg
Ex Member

Reply #1 - 05/10/09 at 20:43:18

I can't go against the WO, ZYGY!

Never!

I am now using two of them in my back yard (just powered it up for the first time this season, two weeks ago) and I am often amazed at how full the sound can be from a relatively small box. (small compared to TEH great outside - not small when compared to the inside of a car, however.)

You need two decent tens, at least, to make it all work though. For one single ten, I would probably stick with the DB.

IP Logged
ZYGI
Seasoned Member

HR-ONE

Reply #2 - 05/11/09 at 16:16:32

No, I wouldn't spring for the hardwood,,,its just the MDF veneered, more for looking good in the home environment, although we have built the hardwood/veneered cabinets for cars.

The DBK10  is for a single or dual 10" but unlike the WO the DBK 10 is clam shelled if you use the dual drivers, and you would need to use an 1/8" spacer between the two clam shelled Decware drivers.
The plans are available on line and they really aren't that hard to build. The wait time right now is several weeks, at best.

BobZ

All Decware amps and sources, Turning Point Audio speakers
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print